Can we have a flower arranging Forum as well please?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by western, Jun 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once upon a time this was the Army Rumour Service, but it appears that the Cyber Branch of the WI has taken over. whose idea was this, Jan Hamilton's? :?

2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Are you not in touch with your feminine side?

But I was beginning to think we had slipped back into the old WRAC site. Mmmm, slipping back into WRAC. Happy memories.

3. WRAC - Weekly Ration of Army Cnut :) Mmmmmm

4. I vote for knitting as well :roll:

What the heck is happening to ARRSE? It's all warm and fluffy now.

5. ... Joking apart, I can remember a NATO exercise being resheduled as it was going to clash with a major event of the Bielefeld Flower club.. (aka 1 (BR) Corps wives club)

I remember that the Dep Cdr was less than impressed at having to put up the guest Flower Arranger and his "friend" in his quarter. The Brig was not known for pandering to his softer side - we did NOT have a good week in the HQ..

6. Combat Flower Arranging or "Camouflage"...

7. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Brilliant - where do I sign........

8. Imagine this, you meet some totty on a night out, meet up for a few drinks in the week but for the next date she wants to have a romantic night in at yours. Handing her a Chicken Pot Noodle and can of Stella is not going to get her ridding you like Redrum.
    Learning to cook is one of the best ways to find out if a lass can get her ankles behind her ears.

9. this place is heading south

:(

10. You just want a feminine side... so you can touch it! :wink:

11. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Can I touch your feminine side?

I feel really dirty now.......it rubs the lotion on its skin. It does it everytime it is told. :puker:

12. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

You chaps could learn a lot from Flower Arranging, you know. Where else could you study Form, Colour, Movement, Conditioning, Space, Balance, Scale, Proportion and Contrast. And of course you get both the classic and contemporary styles.

Now, what could be a better training for you to get your wicked way with a young lady?

(Plus did you know that the National Association of Floral Arrangement Societies raises pots of money for SSAFA Forces Help each year?)

13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Flower arranging....

ARRSE STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

[​IMG]

14. Along with brew ******* and falling on the fat grenade, cooking is one of the few areas of expertise which EVERY squaddie has at least a modicum of experience in, be it cooking for the family at home or murdering compo and MRE's in the field. We all do it, some better than others.

What could liven this up a bit is if, to accompany the recipes, maybe a few related failure/success/cheat stories, preferably one's which end with the chef being ankle deep in seafood. (so to speak)