Can we get him on board?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OldRedCap, Dec 3, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw LOt Col (Retd) Collins in the Gilligan bol locks last night. Can we get him as a moderator on ARRSE? If not, can someone ask him if he will lead The Revolution?
  2. What, as a 'patsy'?

I get the impression from Rumour Control that he won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Perhaps there are members of his former regiment out there who can fill us in on the details?
  3. I've heard distinctly mixed reviews from those who have worked for him and with him. Many think he's the dog's danglies but there is a large minority who take a very strong opposing view. My only personal contact was about fifteen years ago, and he seemed an alright guy, but he inspires strong opinions both ways.
  4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

My experience is that there is a lot more of the latter.....
  5. Out with it then
  6. All goood leaders are loved and laoted in equal parts!!

some people just wont like his direct approach to doing things, others will! Cant suit everyone (hence why we dont all vote for the smiley one @ no10)

agent smith
  7. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

From what I have heard he was not, shall we say, an easy man to serve under in peacetime, but just what you need in a war situation.

He is given to being blunt, which would make him an excellent force's friendly MP - unafraid to say what has to be said. I would love to see him dissect Hoon across the dispatch box!