Can we call Glasgow?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by El_Pato, Aug 5, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a soldier who is still waiting for his bounty! My RHQ are all on holiday, so can I call Glasgow direct or is this a) impossible or b) frowned upon?

Anyone know if this is ok, and if so what number is best to use?

2. Don't you know there's a war on?

Sorry Pato, just beating Morale Counter Measures to it :D

3. I know they are in a bit of an admin vortex at the mo. but all I want to do is be able to tell the poor b*stard that the money will get to him eventually.

4. If its any consolation mine hit the bank on Friday 1 Aug - not bad from 1 Apr - only 4 moths to press a few buttons.

I had to do some adjatating with the RAO as well and the poor civi pay clerk was basically told not to phone back again - my advice - go for it, phone them every day then three times a day etc they'll soon get the message that this needs paid to the soldier.

Good luck

5. I tried once but just basically got told they wouldn't discuss it over the phone (OPSEC, apparently) and that I should go through the RAO. I told them that, duh, I had indeed already been through the RAO to no avail which oddly enough, was why I phoned in the first place but this was met with what can only be described as a frosty response reiterating the party line.
    I really think you'd be better off getting up to Glasgow and chaining yourself to the doors of the pyramid sponge cake-at least you'll make an impression. :wink:

6. Looks like the first train to Glasgow to superglue my hand to the f*ckers desk. Unfortunately due to hot weather it will a very slow and unpleasant journey, so errr maybe I won't bother.

Oh well I'll just tell the bloke I tried. :?