Can we be any race now?

Ori may find that he can't be Korean as he hasn't done his military service...

South Korea Conscription

Conscription in South Korea is mandatory and, although not particularly popular, service in the combat arms, particularly the Marine Corps, is generally considered something to be proud of.

People who actively try and dodge their service are generally not looked on with any sympathy by either the government or Joe civvie.

Quick aside...

I watched a Korean film which featured a young character who had served in the Marines. His phone ring tone was the sound of a machine gun firing. His phone went off in a public place (bus station or similar) and two old boys sitting nearby commented something like "Great Ring Tone! He must have been a marine!" :)

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
if we can be any race, I'm going to be a bicycle race

Issi

LE
Can anyone answer how these people can afford these procedures?

There was a chap recently who's face looked like a baboons arse, and he'd spent 100K+ on procedures, despite being a hairdresser from Barnsley or some such place.
Surely influencers can't be on that much?

There was a chap recently who's face looked like a baboons arse, and he'd spent 100K+ on procedures, despite being a hairdresser from Barnsley or some such place.
It's easy-terms, you leave your passport as security... ;)

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

It doesn't make sense to me either but I can tell you how it is. It's rare for an influencer to hit the mass media like this, you have to "opt-in" usually by following them on social media, which you would do because your friends re-posted something they'd posted. They don't advertise in the old fashioned sense so if you are not in that world you would never hear of them but they can have millions of followers. These followers (even pre-COVID) don't really spend their money on going out, alcohol, cars and so on. Their hobby is to follow influencers and do the things influencers say to do. I can't ever imagine being that bored but millions of people seemingly have nothing better to do. A company will pay a massive wedge to have a popular influencer say effectively "today what we're doing for fun is buying X!" and millions of bored teenagers and twentysomethings will rush off on a scavenger hunt to do it.

Source: young relatives.

Londo

LE
It doesn't make sense to me either but I can tell you how it is. It's rare for an influencer to hit the mass media like this, you have to "opt-in" usually by following them on social media, which you would do because your friends re-posted something they'd posted. They don't advertise in the old fashioned sense so if you are not in that world you would never hear of them but they can have millions of followers. These followers (even pre-COVID) don't really spend their money on going out, alcohol, cars and so on. Their hobby is to follow influencers and do the things influencers say to do. I can't ever imagine being that bored but millions of people seemingly have nothing better to do. A company will pay a massive wedge to have a popular influencer say effectively "today what we're doing for fun is buying X!" and millions of bored teenagers and twentysomethings will rush off on a scavenger hunt to do it.

More and more saddos
I think possibly something in the water has already had a mention .

Oli London: British influencer defends 'identifying as Korean' after surgery to look like BTS star.

A white British influencer and singer has defended "identifying as Korean" after having what they have described as "racial transitional surgery".

Oli London, who also recently came out as non-binary and uses the pronouns they and them, released a video on YouTube explaining why they have undergone plastic surgery 18 times to look like BTS singer Park Ji-min, or Jimi

In their video statement showing the results of their surgery - which includes a face lift, a brow lift, and work on their teeth - they said: "I know a lot of people don't understand me, but I do identify as Korean and I do look Korean now, I do feel Korean...

"That's just my culture. That's my home country. That's exactly how I look now. And I also identify as Jimin, that's my career name."

London, pictured above in an Instagram post from December 2020, before the latest surgery, said they wanted to "take the brave step" to speak out as "I'm sure there's many other young people out there that do identify as Korean or maybe as Japanese, and they don't have the strength or courage, or they don't know the words how to express this. And it's a very, very tough thing."

The influencer has been posting messages on social media about identifying as non-binary and Korean in recent week

Responding to a tweet in which they posted an "official flag" for the identity, one Twitter user wrote: "You can be non binary that's who you are but you are not and you will never be korean

"I don't think they even understand how disrespectful this is," another said.

View attachment 585471

An influencer at 31? Seems like a cushy job, I must have missed that opportunity.

As we can all be any race we want now what race are you guys going to be?

I've always wanted to be a Comanche Native American. Hopefully my boss won't be too surprised when I rock up with war paint and feathers in my hair.

It should be put in a mental health hospital for its own well being.

What a ******* dinlow!! Just put it down already FFS!

This guy isn't much younger than me, maybe Jordan Peterson had a point about the lack of father figures?

When I was growing up I'd look at men like Churchill, Nelson and Monty for inspiration, then I figured most great military men were like Napoleon or Hitler and egotistical maniacs. That led me on to admire more cultural accomplishments like Socrates, Hawking and Penrose. Eventually I stumbled upon GMC's Harry Flashman VC and admired the charming confidence of the sophisticated cad, like Rhett Butler, Erroll Flynn and David Niven.

It has dawned on me several times that all the people I most admire are very old or dead. I can't think of any great men, apart from Jordan Peterson perhaps, who aren't afraid to say what they think whilst appearing confident, cool and masculine.

I was once told by one of my SSM's I was born 200 years to late. Still not sure if it was a bollocking or praise.

Issi

LE
Maybe if people stopped pandering to them.

“From now on, you are going to have to refer to me as them/they”

“Um, no I won’t, so Dave, do you want a cup of tea or not?”

Chef

LE
Maybe if people stopped pandering to them.

“From now on, you are going to have to refer to me as them/they”

“Um, no I won’t, so Dave, do you want a cup of tea or not?”
It's a nice thought but how would you pay the mortgage when they sacked you?

Latest Threads