Can we all just stop fighting please?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_Snail, Apr 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As we all know, 2 of the funniest members of the site have recently been binned. It's the internet. It's not that real.

The real problem is with sockpuppets and belmers who are trying to invade the site with utter drivel and THAT IS ALL rubbish.

From reading stuff on Faceache, there are several members of ARRSE willing to quit. My advice? Suck it up and man up Princess.

If you don't like a post from a cheeser - flag it up - little button on the left which says "Report this post" when you hover over it on your mouse.

Stop being so precious. It's not our train set - it's the dads' and if you don't like it, you know where the door is.

Why can't we all just get along?

• Like Like x 21
  2. Very cuddly and nice, but let's have a putsch instead. All those posters with, say, oh I don't know - over 3500 posts can vote for their three least favourite throbbers, who get banned. No ROPs, No ROPs, just binned.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Who are the posters who have been binned?

Picking up the scab, there seems to be a whole social thing going on here on ArRSe with various sub-groups and societies forming, even icons that are adored...

Someone give me the gen.

4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Agree in principle, but think length of service is more important. Quality, not qauntity and all that. Say anybody pre-2007?

5. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Pre-2007? .. phew that was close. Anyhoo, I'm sure you'd all miss tales from Terror Towers about The Scarey One.

6. Where else could you jeopardise someone's crust earning and expect to be welcomed back time after time?

• Like Like x 1
  7. The real issue is sock puppets and multiple ids. 1001Tossers, Westpoint, Camberwell Carrot etc. I understand Mods need 2, a personal one and an official one, but is there nothing that can be done to stop every idiot that wants 2 or more

I seem to remember that every id needs a unique email address, can that check not extend to IP address too?

• Like Like x 4
  8. Work PC and Home PC solve that problem.

9. access to 9 pc's in this building, 3 latops at home, internet on the phone, wifes phone, mates laptop with it's dongle, free wifi in McPlops in town.. the list is endless

10. I've no problem with that but I'll stab the next cunt to mention pickled eggs.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Also having your line reset owing to issues gives you a new IP unless your paying for static

12. Fair point. How about a gizmo that records poster ID& IP then when a post goes up from ID A it appends the tag "ID B also posted from this IP address n minutes ago" if say teh IP was used by another within the last hour

Would identify the sock puppets and make it a less effective tactic

13. It would have to be a tad more complicated than that, I have 2 usernames, this is my normal one, but haven't used the other in months, but have used both from both work and home.