Can u take your car to basic training?

Am joining the rifles and will be based at catterick. Would be easier getting back to Newcastle . Dont fancy getting the train home every time am on weekend leave
FFS man, I lived in london when I done my basic in catterick, hitch hiked most weekends, Newcastle is on your doorstep. use your initiative..

Am joining the rifles and will be based at catterick. Would be easier getting back to Newcastle . Dont fancy getting the train home every time am on weekend leave
Week end leave? WEEK FOOKIN END LEAVE?:eek: :mad::x:pissedoff:

Back in the day, we were lucky to get 3 minutes of personal time every 3 years. Weekend leave indeed. Pah! :soldier::thumright:

FFS man, I lived in london when I done my basic in catterick, hitch hiked most weekends, Newcastle is on your doorstep. use your initiative..
When you were in basic training, people still walked in front of cars with a red flag.

I’m going to smash your face in .

As nicely as I can.
You common thug. Do you hail from Up Norff?
Are you not aware that in these more enlightened and litigious times, that 'suing' someone is the way to pursue a personal grievance?
God. I'd wager that you work down a coal mine, and that you breed Whippet hounds too!

You common thug. Do you hail from Up Norff?
Are you not aware that in these more enlightened and litigious times, that 'suing' someone is the way to pursue a personal grievance?
God. I'd wager that you work down a coal mine, and that you breed Whippet hounds too!

Woah, there’s no need for that, I know it’s ARRSE, but calling someone a northerner and intimating they are from Yorkshire is below the belt.

Any more and I shall have you for libel.

Woah, there’s no need for that, I know it’s ARRSE, but calling someone a northerner and intimating they are from Yorkshire is below the belt.

Any more and I shall have you for libel.
That's the dingerr that we know and love. Welcome back.

Why would they say you couldn't bring a car. If the Army is to become your permanent home, then it stands to reason that you'd be allowed to retain your mode of transport.

It's also a really good place to stash all of your buckshee and minging kit before an inspection.

Can you take your car to basic training or not?
There's actually no need to take your own car, as the Army has a few company cars, mostly Landrovers.

If you present yourself at the guardroom with your ID card and Driving license you can sign out a company vehicle if one is currently free. Alternatively, you can ask if the duty driver is available to drive you.

What also helps is having a full motorcycle licence too as there is less call for these and one is more likely to be available.

Another tip is to pop is early in the week, say, on Monday to reserve a Landrover for the coming weekend. Avoid asking for one with a radio as that can complicate things a bit.

Hope this helps.

There's actually no need to take your own car, as the Army has a few company cars, mostly Landrovers.

If you present yourself at the guardroom with your ID card and Driving license you can sign out a company vehicle if one is currently free. Alternatively, you can ask if the duty driver is available to drive you.

What also helps is having a full motorcycle licence too as there is less call for these and one is more likely to be available.

Another tip is to pop is early in the week, say, on Monday to reserve a Landrover for the coming weekend. Avoid asking for one with a radio as that can complicate things a bit.

Hope this helps.
May I add, that if the CO's driver is not to busy, he will be only to happy to drive you home in the company car, but do ask his boss first. its a service , no charge.