Can there really be such a thing as a fundamental particle?

Discussion in 'The Science Forum' started by kaycee80, Oct 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The atom turned out not to be...if there was no such thing then wouldn't that be the answer to time itself? Just a thought....but can you imagine every particle being divisible and yeah the ones we havent split yet...nothing would have an end would it?? therefore no beginning

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

It's about 11.15 at night.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes and my brain is ticking....think i should go play xbox for a while lol

4. thats the just the thing...i was thinking that if something didnt have an end nor a beginning then it would need to be in some sort of loop....i doodle alot :)

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

What, like a circle? **** me. Michelangelo and Einstein must be shitting in their graves. So, when do you plan to invent Facebook?

6. Talking about the concept of time here...so where does light end since it travels for trillions of miles?
    are you suggesting that because some scientist creates some laws based on what he knew at the time, that science wont progress any further?

7. I had a steak pie out of a tin for my tea tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes, they're called quarks. Or possibly superstrings, but we can't prove they exist. Light doesn't end, it just bounces off stuff, or gets converted into energy and absorbed by the stuff it hits (because matter and energy are the same thing, ask Einstein). The rest of what you said was meaningless. Sometimes I like to drink gin out of a wine glass. It makes me feel classy.

9. I've just watched 'The Seven Ages of Starlight' on BBC4. Do you realise we are all the product of Nuclear Waste? We are just the scraps from exploding Supernova. Fascinating it was but, as such, best they put a big **** off fence round Chernobyl....just in case...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fixed. No charge

11. **** You nobbyd!! I can't think of a witty retort either, you absolute Bastard!

12. Fixed. No charge

13. That's OK you Bastard, I'm very patient........

14. Fixed, etc

15. I can wait!