Can someone who went unhappy soldier re join

Hi,

I joined and was in training for the parachute regiment this was 7 years ago. I was put into a recovery platoon for a shin injury from tabbing always massively struggled with it, it was a demon at the time and ever since leaving I always have massively regretted it and it bugs me, I think about leaving alot and wished I hadn't, I always struggled with tabbing and it got to me quiet a bit while I was in there I'm 5'6 and at the time weighed 62kg -65kg I am now 30 years old 70kg and have gotten into crossfit quiet a bit which has helped build strength.

I want to rejoin but went unhappy soldier (big mistake) is it possible to rejoin?

Any answers are very much appreciated.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
I dont know what it stated on your discharge paper, but after a few folk on here have chipped in you will get the stock answer, pop into the Careers Office and have a chat with them. They won't bite or have a pop at you.

Good luck with it.

Hi,

I joined and was in training for the parachute regiment this was 7 years ago. I was put into a recovery platoon for a shin injury from tabbing always massively struggled with it, it was a demon at the time and ever since leaving I always have massively regretted it and it bugs me, I think about leaving alot and wished I hadn't, I always struggled with tabbing and it got to me quiet a bit while I was in there I'm 5'6 and at the time weighed 62kg -65kg I am now 30 years old 70kg and have gotten into crossfit quiet a bit which has helped build strength.

I want to rejoin but went unhappy soldier (big mistake) is it possible to rejoin?

Just Ask, you got nowt to lose.
Just one bit of advice, seriously consider a RAC Regt or a “Trades” job. At your age you’ll struggle with the Paras or even Infantry.
Good luck.

Hi,

Ask, they can only say no. However, at your age, I seriously consider thinking about a trade in the RAF. Two older friends of mine have recently transferred over.

Ask, they can only say no. However, at your age, I seriously consider thinking about a trade in the RAF. Two older friends of mine have recently transferred over.
Civvy in uniform for the win. Most of the 'in the forces' benefits without most of the bs. Pick your trade carefully. Definitely not rock ape as thats some awful limbo world of shame neither fish nor fowl .

Yeah, and give yourself something else to regret for the rest of your life.

If you want to join the Reg, get fit enough and join the Reg. Plenty of people soldiering in their 30s.

Hi,

Have a look here:
It doesn’t specifically mention leaving as ‘unhappy soldier’ but they do talk about other leavers. They’ll need your service number and based on what the website says you’ll start the process again from the beginning.

Bottom line, email or call and make your decision based on their answer:
RG-NRCRegularRejoiners@mod.gov.uk
Good luck

Yeah, and give yourself something else to regret for the rest of your life.

If you want to join the Reg, get fit enough and join the Reg. Plenty of people soldiering in their 30s.
Yeah because being treated like a human being, better civvy quals, better pay, better working conditions in the RAF, that's so much worse than a pink beret!
"What do you do mate?"
" Well....I can run and jump out of a perfectly good aircraft when they have enough money to let us, which isnt often!"

Anyway, each to their own. (Awaits incoming from those people that need retrained if they have a NAAFI break and have to be told not to eat the crayons.)

Yeah because being treated like a human being, better civvy quals, better pay, better working conditions in the RAF, that's so much worse than a pink beret!
"What do you do mate?"
" Well....I can run and jump out of a perfectly good aircraft when they have enough money to let us, which isnt often!"

Anyway, each to their own. (Awaits incoming from those people that need retrained if they have a NAAFI break and have to be told not to eat the crayons.)
Well if you want that just get a job not in the military. Get paid a lot more, pick your time off etc.

I just don’t think the natural alternative to joining the Parachute Regiment is joining the RAF as a techie.

It’s just bad advice.

Civvy in uniform for the win. Most of the 'in the forces' benefits without most of the bs. Pick your trade carefully. Definitely not rock ape as thats some awful limbo world of shame neither fish nor fowl .
He can go toe to toe with his ex mates
Get his wings after a few hard PT sessions a day and a jump
He can claim to be an Ex Para

Latest Threads