Can someone tell me how much I'd earn today on a tour?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Drew5233, May 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a bit curious as to what someone who is the same as I was when I left the forces would be earning today on a tour?

I was a Corporal in the Royal Signals at 7 years, Class 1 ED with around 400 days on operations when I left.

Anyone know what someone with roughly the same details would be on today ?

2. google "afprb 2011" and work it out for yourself. Don't forget to include the Operational Allowance.
  3. I smell a journo in these parts
  4. You need ya sense of smell sorting then as you are obviously talking out of your hoop....And what does it matter if I was a journalist? Are they not allowed to know how much a squaddie gets paid?

I wanted to do a comparison to how much I earned on my last tour in 2004 in the metal factory to what someone of the same rank etc would be earning today because someone was chopsing off on another forum about Para's allegedly loosing their jump pay.
  6. GOOGLE, it helps mongs
  7. £6,542.56 including allowances.
  8. A corporal in the infantry will be on between £27500 and £33000 depending how long he has held that rank. On top of that he'll get £29.02 per day operational bonus as well as LSA at around £18.00 - £25.00 a day though that depends on how many LSA days he's got. Could be more.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Many thanks for your help.
  10. That LSA rate is a tad generous for 400 days, I believe it would be around £10 - £11 tops for that amount of days.
  11. I was once a Corporal in the Royal Signals - small world innit!