Can someone please (or not would be better)

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Bigt116, Aug 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many thanks for all the answers
  2. It's saturday and I'm away from the intranet of power so I can't give a definitive answer. However I'd be surprised if they were entitled to it. I work with a whole load of civil servants and none of them get transport despite being senior to grade D. Considering that within a Regiment the CO is the only person to get a driver I wouldn't be surprised if someone was chancing it!
  3. Utter utter garbage.
  4. Without getting into nitty gritty of it all.

Unlees your 2* or holding a c.o appointment. No one is entilted to transport to and from their residence and even then..................Its Saturday Im p1ssed.

wool is being pulled methinks.
  5. By "WE" go off route I take it you are on some sort of bus/minibus /whatever and it picks up several people. Is it hurting you if the bloke is getting a lift for nothing. Is it costing you anything. It's good to see that the milk of human kindness is still flowing in the army. Or is it that you think he';'s getting something that tyou aren't?
  6. A Grade D civil servant is entitled to a bicycle. With a flat tyre.
  7. He would be entitled to transport if he were called in (e.g. he was on a pager and someone was sent to fetch him). He is not entitled to transport within the terms of his employmnt in order to get to work and fulfil a normal routine role.

If he were, then everyone in the army would also be similarly entitled - and they are not.

He may be entitled to claim a contribution of his fuel costs, depending on the type of job that he does, and the distance he lives from his place of work.

*COs are not entitled to transport to/from home unless they are on duty - some COs trest their vehicle like a company car, in which case they have to declare it on their Tax Return.
  8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

You mean they are not really supposed to take Mrs CO to Waitrose? :wink:
  9. Of course they can. I'm sure I've seen it written down. Somewhere.