Can someone please list a few of the actual benefits the UK has enjoyed from Brexit? And the trade deals agreed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we got to see the OP degenerate from a perfectly sane poster into a frothing bell end and the Labour Party imploded.

And to answer the question, what a bone question, it’s unanswerable as Brexit hasn’t happened yet.

It’s a bit like asking a kidney transplant patient what benefits they’ve felt from a kidney transplant as they’re being taken in to the operating theatre for the transplant operation. A far better question would be to ask them how much their health has deteriorated in the last 3 years whilst a bunch of children did everything they could to delay the operation despite the fact that the patient wanted it and a majority of consultants agreed.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I have done. Link above.
But I dont have to do anything to justify my asking a perfectly reasonable question.

Balls now very firmly in your court.
Well then no, you haven't - you've cobbled together a series of links to things written by other people.

More to the point, Brexit isn't finalised yet.

But you keep chipping away. I'm sure we'll be back in before we know it.

One benefit is that it annoys the weak who get triggered by Brexit and post threads like this

Yokel

LE
One thing BREXIT will mean is that our politicians will no longer have the comfort blanket of blaming the EU for failing to act. Will they to sort out their act?

It will not be as good as some proponents claim, nor will it be as bad as many opponents claim. However I feel a huge opportunity was lost to realign both our economy and our sense of identity. European Britain replaced Imperial Britain. Now we should strive for Maritime Britain - it was after all that that made us different from continental nations. The Government also came up with what looked like joined up policy:

Maritime 2050

What do you mean by the UK ?
What specifically can go wrong, that can't go wrong within the comforting arms of Brussels ??

Brexit is an expected return to mobility and in a capitalist system, that which can adapt will thrive. I would also add our economy has needed rebalancing since the mid 90s and the reasons why it was kept tilted to the South East was exactly the fault of our membership in the EU.
Yes, but what about my OP?

And to answer the question, what a bone question, it’s unanswerable as Brexit hasn’t happened yet.
Of course its answerable.

Details of inward investment; major companies relocating months UK in anticipation of Brexit; highly skilled workers deciding they need to move here, and of course, the number of trade deals that are, to coin a phrase, oven ready.

Anything like that?

Well then no, you haven't - you've cobbled together a series of links to things written by other people.

More to the point, Brexit isn't finalised yet.

But you keep chipping away. I'm sure we'll be back in before we know it.
Ah, the old "I dont like that list so I'm going to ignore it" ploy.

Doesnt work.

Balls still in your court.

Yes, but what about my OP?
You are just whinging and whining over something we have no idea is going to happen, including the politicos, but being one of the largest economies in the world I hardly think that trade will cease both import and export, there is too much money at stake.

1. The Germans will still want to sell us cars, they are already on a threat of job losses if a deal doesn't happen
2. The French sell a lot of produce to the UK, so French farmers won't be happy if there isn't a deal in place
3. Spanish Farmers won't be happy either
4. The Tourist Industry in the Southern European states also rely on the Brit £ so they will want to see a deal.
5. We have seen so many industries moved to EU states (pre-referendum) that were moved out of the UK with the help of EU grants
6. The UK Fishing fleet has suffered terribly because of the EU Fishing and Agriculture policy
7. For me I try and do the following, Buy local, then buy UK, then buy Commonwealth, the Other countries and lastly countries from the EU.

Do that and Brexit will be a success, or just continue crying into your almond milk latte while discussing how woke you are with your fellow remainers.

Having made it possible to see videos like this means it was all worth while.

Does anyone know if she's still alive, unlike the rest of us, who are now dead? Stupid bint.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Has he really ?

It has all been discussed to death on other Brexit threads.
The disagree is because, as others have said, it's too early to ask that question.
That's fine and you may both be right.

The point I was making was *irrespective of topic* this constant personal rubbish has to stop.

I realise the Int Cell and General Gossip forums have had an absence of moderation over the last year or so with the loss of Woopert, Forastero and OldBaldy nipping in and out on occasion etc, but I'm here now to try and address it - starting with the constant boring spats that seem to run across the threads regardless of topic, hence me posting this:

In particular this point made by GoodCO some time ago:

2. General Boards.

These are the bulk of the site and consist of everything not included in the Serious Boards and the NAAFI. Banter, obtuse posts and ignorant comment are often the norm but we will moderate (ie police) against:

a. Thread hijacking where an argument/slagging match is carried over from elsewhere.
b. Totally pointless points.
c. Extreme swearing and abuse of other users.

You are just whinging and whining over something we have no idea is going to happen
I asked what benefits we have enjoyed so far.

You can say "none" if you can't think of any, you know...

So people esentially voted on a topic which should've said "it's too early to ask that question about the benefits of Brexit?"
So how did you go about selecting the last car you bought?

Did you

a) think about what you wanted, research which car best offered that and checked that that model didn’t have any known persistent faults and then get an RAC check on the specific car

Or

b) oooh, a red one.

You didn’t actually own the car at his point so we’re unable to offer an opinion regarding how good or bad it was based on fact but you were able to offer an opinion based on how you felt things would turn out, in turn based on factual research rather than drivel put forward by someone who’d bought something else, found out it was a dog but was too afraid to admit their folly so goes on an extended round of telling everyone how good shit is and that they’d be a moron to not follow their lead.

This is the central mantra from many Remainers, that all Leavers are ill informed retards who’d happily buy a Trabant (but only in red) because the dealer said it was a great buy.

Clue: A very great many of them aren’t stupid or ill informed. They are laughing at your Trabant though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads