Can someone please list a few of the actual benefits the UK has enjoyed from Brexit? And the trade deals agreed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple more

Anglo American has agreed to buy Sirius Minerals for an almost £405m, potentially safeguarding thousands of jobs at the Yorkshire mining project.
Defence group BAE Systems has announced two deals as it seeks to grow its electronics systems business.

It has agreed to buy Collins Aerospace's Military Global Positioning System business for $1.925bn and Raytheon's Airborne Tactical Radios business for $275m.

Now that the uncertainty is gone, it is probably time for a wee chooooooon

For remainers, there is always

Prozac.jpg

Robme

LE
Seeing as a large number of Leave voters are so delighted.

Just a few will be fine for starters.

Easiest trade deals ever, I gather, but I'm not sure how many have been agreed since 2016.

We're out on in a couple of weeks so obviously it's all wrapped up.
We haven’t left yet, and when we do we will be limited in what we could do trade wise during the transition period?
Anyhoo, what’s with this leaver business? According to Boris, there are no Leavers, Remoaners these days?

The questions you asked were: "Can someone please list a few of the actual benefits the UK has enjoyed from Brexit? And the trade deals agreed?"
You asked the questions on 14 January. Brexit hadn't happened then. It still hasn't.
Yeah, I know.

And I've explained and expounded upon the question six or seven times

You're not listening, we get that.

Fella. It's not me that you have to convince.
But like I said; if you throw down the glove, don't be surprised if it is taken up.
I remember a few weeks before the GE, that you posted something along the lines of 'your position on brexit had softened'. However; by then, it was too late. You were seen in the same light as Bugsy. And not because you were seen as an arch-remainer, but because most of us took the view that you were deliberately trolling us.
It's that simple.
I don't have to "convince" anyone.

I understandably mocked the thick "trator!" types.

I've changed my position on Brexit.

The Q was perfectly reasonable yet my fanbois jumped in PDQ.

A Mod gave a warning, it slowed down.

Etc.

Circumstances change all the time. Healthy businesses here and in the EU will be looking at ways to maintain their existing trade and to take advantage of the altered circumstances.
Hopefully they won’t be wasting time and effort looking for negatives and crying over spilt milk.
Far too many businesses are moving out of, or reducing their operations in the UK.

But nobody has been able to demonstrate the inflow of businesses to the UK ( etc etc) in anticipation of us leaving.

Not one.

Remember the housing market crash promised by Osborne et al :D :D

Now that Brexit will take place on the 31 January, I suspect all the stagnation that has happened since 2016 ( caused by the uncertainty created by remainers ) will vanish like Scotch Mist and it will be onwards and upwards.
Bloody hope so, I've got two properties on the market.

Brexit plus bloody Help to Buy has been a PITA.

Yes,but apart from Dyson and Airbus, what large companies........ ad infinitum.
It took a week and 31 pages to get these two...

Feel free to add more. In your own time.

Good to see Dyson is so firmly committed to the UK.

Remember the housing market crash promised by Osborne et al :D :D

Now that Brexit will take place on the 31 January, I suspect all the stagnation that has happened since 2016 ( caused by the uncertainty created by remainers ) will vanish like Scotch Mist and it will be onwards and upwards.
For selfish reasons I`d like to see a house price crash as I`m trying to get to brat on the ladder plus I`m going to sell a property in Spain and will use the money here so a £1 to 1 Euro exchange would also suit me .

CAKE:
Concurrent activity
Anticipation at all levels
Knowledge of the grouping system
Efficient use of drills.
Indeed. Nothing like a life ruled by acronyms.
Derek Robinson. BGA.
A mate of old.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It took a week and 31 pages to get these two...

Feel free to add more. In your own time.

Good to see Dyson is so firmly committed to the UK.
Their commitment to the UK has been known for some time, have you been ignoring it?

News also of hundreds of Finance companies wanting to move to UK. Have you missed that also? I think you should spend more time watching/ reading the news rather than irrelevant posting on Arrse!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
<<sniggers at the irony>>
As I am doing right now! I seem to be able to multi-task and I am sorry your intellect doesn't quite stretch to that.

The election was December 12th and we've had the Christmas holiday. How fast do you think companies make long term strategic decisions involving significant capital sums and, sometimes, their entire corporate destiny?
The UK voted to leave in 2016.

Plenty of time to consider plans, sadly most of the planning seems to echo our view of the EU: time to get out...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The UK voted to leave in 2016.

Plenty of time to consider plans, sadly most of the planning seems to echo our view of the EU: time to get out...
As you are well aware, the possible implementation options for Brexit until December 12th ranged from 'No Brexit' to 'No Deal'. It's impossible to plan on that basis.

I suppose you have your reasons for ignoring the prevailing political circumstances in the UK for the best part of the last four years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads