Can someone please list a few of the actual benefits the UK has enjoyed from Brexit? And the trade deals agreed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a benefit of Brexit?

Dublin: Farmers block M50 in go-slow protest Farmers block Dublin motorway in beef protest

Yokel

LE

Dublin: Farmers block M50 in go-slow protest Farmers block Dublin motorway in beef protest
How odd? Our own farmers seem to have welcomed the new agricultural reforms in the UK. Are the new EU rules really that bad?

Anyway, this probably would have happened BREXIT or no BREXIT, but India is interested in our naval technology - particularly in relation to aircraft carriers and Integrated Electrical Propulsion.

The cell phone problem isn't the charger or connection, it is the 17 rare earths contained in each phone, and the fact that the phones have designed obsolescence at around 2 years with most having no ability to replace the battery.

if the EU really wanted to do something for the public fix that billion Euro issue.

But in reality I would be happier if the EU arrested everyone at VW and shut the factories for ten years. That would be of public benefit, not stuffing around with phone chargers.
Which part of "easy win" did you miss ;)

You don't get to say the "C" word anymore.
Especially in the mirror.
You might have a case of being racist lodged against you if you do not watch your step with yourself in future.
It wouldn't be the first time. I used to describe myself of having an 'Oriental heritage', but then found out the word 'Oriental' wasn't PC. The word is even banned from use in US legislation. Outrage has been sparked on twitter against celebs - unwittingly - using the term.

So there I was being racist against myself.

It's so hard to keep up with all this PC nonsense these days.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
One could pose the question, "how could you expect any benefits from BREXIT when it hasn't even happened yet?" I don't expect to feel any benefits until that has occurred and for at least six months after.

It wouldn't be the first time. I used to describe myself of having an 'Oriental heritage', but then found out the word 'Oriental' wasn't PC. The word is even banned from use in US legislation. Outrage has been sparked on twitter against celebs - unwittingly - using the term.

Quite.;)
Entirely my cynical point as well.
World is going mad.

Don’t you think it’s rather too early to quantify? We gave the EU more than 4 decades. Perhaps you need to step back and reevaluate in a couple of years.
No; as I've explained a few times I was looking for examples such as major employers relocating to, or expanding their UK operations, mass inflows of highly skilled workers, etc.

The question was entirely fair, but the answers have been largely lacking in content. Increased political awareness was one benefit, but I cant recall reading of one actual, quantifiable benefit.

One could pose the question, "how could you expect any benefits from BREXIT when it hasn't even happened yet?" I don't expect to feel any benefits until that has occurred and for at least six months after.
See my last.

Day 1: Relief that the largest democratic mandate ever given in British history has not been undermined.

The rest will follow in due course.

Its over people. Its a done deal, and in the fullness of time trade deals will get done.

I doubt more than a handful of Arrse members have been or will be involved in sovereign level trade deals in their lives. Why is everyone questioning and arguing about it?

This isn't some Operation Gladio, or WW2 Auxiliary Units. ITS OVER!

FFS people get a life and move on.
Brexit isnt over.

O Zangado

War Hero

But, but, but, this must be fake news. There hasn't been a peep about any of this on Al Beeb or Sty.

OZ

Diko

Old-Salt
Will we still have to pay 5% tax on our gas/electric bills? Brought in by Labour Millipead

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer

You've sinned! Get down and give me 25, chin to the ground! Now!

Has anyone mentioned one benefit of Brexit of which we can be very sure?

73 fewer politicians (and their associated administrative support). One whole tier of the state removed.

We all have a pretty good idea what our Westminster MPs do.
We all have a pretty good idea what our local Councillors do.

But what do our MEPs actually do? And what sort of problem or concern would any average UK resident have about which they would write to their MEP?

The cell phone problem isn't the charger or connection, it is the 17 rare earths contained in each phone, and the fact that the phones have designed obsolescence at around 2 years with most having no ability to replace the battery.

if the EU really wanted to do something for the public fix that billion Euro issue.

But in reality I would be happier if the EU arrested everyone at VW and shut the factories for ten years. That would be of public benefit, not stuffing around with phone chargers.

Fiddling with the deckchairs while the Treaty of Rome burns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads