Can someone please list a few of the actual benefits the UK has enjoyed from Brexit? And the trade deals agreed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I contend that you are wrong here "The Int cell is not a personal playground for you lot to endlessly argue between yourselves." and that this is exactly what this area of the site is for, taking away from CA the contentious posts. It is not meant to be a dry, humourless jolly hockey sticks and play up, play up type of Forum.
"a slightly less serious part"

You're not disagreeing with me. You're disagreeing with the Site Owners. They wrote this:

2. General Boards.

These are the bulk of the site and consist of everything not included in the Serious Boards and the NAAFI. Banter, obtuse posts and ignorant comment are often the norm but we will moderate (ie police) against:

a. Thread hijacking where an argument/slagging match is carried over from elsewhere.
b. Totally pointless points.
c. Extreme swearing and abuse of other users.

Theres a big difference between "banter" and two or three members having the endlessly same old boring slagging match.

That's why I don't delete posts that say stuff like "you're an idiot" and "you're a retard" when they are in response to a stupid question / answer.

Obviously you may be right or wrong. Either way, it's the site owners who would confirm this as it is they who wrote the guidelines.

Last edited:

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I know you're posting that gif repeatedly as a futile attempt to divert from the fact you have no meaningful argument to present, it has a particular measure of irony as you're trolling precisely to gain attention and not engage in meaningful debate.
Hypocrite.
@Boris_Johnson Since you're keen on cutting down the handbag swinging, maybe take a look at the root cause.
That, along with Portrees comment have been deleted.

It will take time, but we'll get there folks. Hopefully some of you more reasonable members who are sick of the same old shite will jump on board and help me clean this place up.

That's why I've not been locking threads, booting people etc. I'm not the "respect ma authoratay" type.

I'd rather it be a much nicer place to post with quality banter, not crying gifs and bone posts.

Hopefully some of you more reasonable members who are sick of the same old shite will jump on board and help me clean this place up.
Delete the whole thread.

The OP has brought absolutely nothing to this thread that is not regurgitated crap that has been done to death on the other Brexit threads. ( Same old sh!te )

Tyk

LE
I'd far rather engage in good natured debate (including banter and piss taking) as there's a rather diverse range of experience on ARRSE and the old expression of every day's a school day is often true, a direct reduction in the trolling coefficient would be a big help.

Back on topic, as per earlier posts by many people it's too early in the process to have realised any real benefits and drawbacks from Brexit, the only realised one so far is the change in attitudes of the EU and domestic politicians that will lead to a real negotiation.
The dose of reality that the EU and Remoaners have had from the referendum (binding or otherwise means nothing, Article 50 was issued so it's been acted upon) and the General Election landslide has been significant.

Delete the whole thread.

The OP has brought absolutely nothing to this thread that is not regurgitated crap that has been done to death on the other Brexit threads. ( Same old sh!te )
I asked the question.

The usual suspects regurgitated their same old crap, with very little mention of any actual benefits.

The same old shite, indeed.

That, along with Portrees comment have been deleted.

It will take time, but we'll get there folks. Hopefully some of you more reasonable members who are sick of the same old shite will jump on board and help me clean this place up.

That's why I've not been locking threads, booting people etc. I'm not the "respect ma authoratay" type.

I'd rather it be a much nicer place to post with quality banter, not crying gifs and bone posts.
Wondered what you where on about, then I realised youd quoted someone I've had on Ignore for some time.

Ironically it was because I got bored with him following me around the forum and constantly dripping away.

I use that particular gif with one poster only, as he felt it appropriate for some posts of mine.

He does come across as rather ranty and in need of attention, desperate to have a pop at me.

Such is life.

Last edited:

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
1. Christ is the ultimate judge of the quality of this content's thread, and is ultimately the judge of whether BREXIT was the right decision.

2. The BREXIT camp won an election and a referendum, fair and square. The 'Remainers' (myself included) were outvoted. Twice.

That's how it is. Sorry.

Its over people. Its a done deal, and in the fullness of time trade deals will get done.

I doubt more than a handful of Arrse members have been or will be involved in sovereign level trade deals in their lives. Why is everyone questioning and arguing about it?

This isn't some Operation Gladio, or WW2 Auxiliary Units. ITS OVER!

FFS people get a life and move on.

Its over people. Its a done deal, and in the fullness of time trade deals will get done.

I doubt more than a handful of Arrse members have been or will be involved in sovereign level trade deals in their lives. Why is everyone questioning and arguing about it?

This isn't some Operation Gladio, or WW2 Auxiliary Units. ITS OVER!

FFS people get a life and move on.
Jan Smuts when the Boers had to face up to defeat:
We have moved to stand fast to the bitter end; but let us be men and acknowledge that the end has now come and it was more bitter than we thought it would be. For death itself would be sweeter than the step we must now take . . .

It's an easy win. Most people have multiple chargers and so will nod and think it's a good idea to standardise them and not ship every phone with a new one, and the EU gets to claim that it's made a change for the environment.
The cell phone problem isn't the charger or connection, it is the 17 rare earths contained in each phone, and the fact that the phones have designed obsolescence at around 2 years with most having no ability to replace the battery.

if the EU really wanted to do something for the public fix that billion Euro issue.

But in reality I would be happier if the EU arrested everyone at VW and shut the factories for ten years. That would be of public benefit, not stuffing around with phone chargers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads