Can someone please list a few of the actual benefits the UK has enjoyed from Brexit? And the trade deals agreed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between the Mafia and the EU, the Mafia are at least honest about their intentions.
There's a difference between the Italian and Glasgow mafia.

The Italian mafia will make you an offer you can't refuse, and the Glasgow mafia will make you an offer you can't understand.

There's a difference between the Italian and Glasgow mafia.

The Italian mafia will make you an offer you can't refuse, and the Glasgow mafia will make you an offer you can't understand.
As the so-called Red and Albanian ‘mafias’ discovered when they tried to muscle in on activities in the area between Latina and just south of Sabaudia (hitherto untouched by the Camorra) in the early 2000s.
Local Plod just said, tacitly, ‘Feckit, the Camorra’s doing our job for us.’
The Albanian mob eventually sent a full-time liaison ‘officer’ to Naples.
The first time I met him was over dinner-just the two of us - in Podgorica just after he had decided he wanted out ‘for the sake of his family’.
An absolute goldmine.

sea levels are rising, not through climate change, but through the tears shed (by all sides) it's even caused theThames Barrier has been deployed numerous times

The EU is the cause of Brexit not the UK voter , it was they who moved the goalposts from the EEC which no one had a problem with to a political union, a parliament, a flag, anthem and all the rest of a pseudo state without seeking consent of the electorate. They were never honest about the end goal because they knew no one would vote for it, the entire EU project is built on the biggest lie of modern times.

The problem isn't necessarily with those things you list in and of themselves, it's the democratic disconnect between the people and the decisions.

The EU is a kinda sorta democracy, which encore and supports democracy in member States whilst being weak on it itself.

They still follow me around in the more serious parts of the site, but get stamped on quite quickly.
People follow you around? I don't think that's ever going to happen. The fact you're ubiquitous on ARRSE may explain it. And your report poking digit is probably more muscular than Arnie's biceps.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
People follow you around? I don't think that's ever going to happen. The fact you're ubiquitous on ARRSE may explain it. And your report poking digit is probably more muscular than Arnie's biceps.
What part of my repeated warnings, gentle reminders, advice and general all round understanding have you failed to grasp?

Play the ball, not the man. I say again.

The Int cell is not a personal playground for you lot to endlessly argue between yourselves. That goes for BB too. Either keep to the subject or find another site to waste your life on.

Getting really fed up of repeating myself now. Please, for the final time, knock it off.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
The EU has gripped the Mobile phone companies that have ripped us off for years, the roaming charges were gripped, also the 'Charger ripoffs' whereby the companies change chargers each phone, so you can't use old charger leads. There was at one time 33 different chargers, it is now down to three for all phones, with Apple hanging out with the two of them. EU wants one charger for all. Charging is going over to 'wireless charging' quite soon. EU wants this unified but Apple is hanging out not to do this.

Yokel

LE
Who cares
About what? I cited the agricultural reforms, which would have been impossible under the Common Agricultural Policy, as an example of being able to makes regulations that suit us, in this case looking after our environment and wildlife, helping farmers, and improving long term food security.

Hopefully other sectors will benefit in a similar way, such as fisheries or renewable energy.

Quote from Lionel Shriver - UK-based American writer and frequent guest on QT where she talks a great deal of sense:
“A big problem here is that Remainers are obsessed with being right; Leavers are obsessed with winning.
“Both sides need to dial it back a bit.”
I’m erring on the ‘nail-hammer-head interface’ side .
You can't quote Ms Shriver - she writes for the Guardian!

What part of my repeated warnings, gentle reminders, advice and general all round understanding have you failed to grasp?

Play the ball, not the man. I say again.

The Int cell is not a personal playground for you lot to endlessly argue between yourselves. That goes for BB too. Either keep to the subject or find another site to waste your life on.

Getting really fed up of repeating myself now. Please, for the final time, knock it off.
Some people wont realise this gentle, polite hint applies to them...

For my part, I am just enjoying watching the remainers, and the left in America losing their heads.
You lost, and will lose for the foreseeable future.
Despite the fact that you think you are intellectually and morally superior, the vast majority of right minded and sensible people disagree with you.
Suck it up and keep quite.
That's a benefit that I will cherish.

The EU has gripped the Mobile phone companies that have ripped us off for years, the roaming charges were gripped, also the 'Charger ripoffs' whereby the companies change chargers each phone, so you can't use old charger leads. There was at one time 33 different chargers, it is now down to three for all phones, with Apple hanging out with the two of them. EU wants one charger for all. Charging is going over to 'wireless charging' quite soon. EU wants this unified but Apple is hanging out not to do this.
I don't about you, but I had 3 UK, and it was free across a zillion countries all the way from Japan to America with data and calls....just had a cheap $9.99 multi-socket adapter to go with it....sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.