Can someone please list a few of the actual benefits the UK has enjoyed from Brexit? And the trade deals agreed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who heard JCJ/MB tell Theresa May, David Davis,Liam Fox and Co. after Art 50 was signed, "there will be no trade negotiations until after the UK leaves the EU"?

Am I being a bit obtuse,or did that mean there would be no trade deals negotiated until after Jan 31st 2020 ?

Big bonus? It's pi$$ed of Les Frogs and Ze Germanz, or rather it will when they EU comes with begging bowl in one hand and whip in the other saying (in English, naturally) 'Well, someone has to make up the shortfall now that the UK aren't paying for the laziness of the Italians and the fecklessness of the Greeks and those MEP salaries won't pay themselves'. Cue Frogxit and Boxheadxit campaigns gathering momentum.

From an article I read the other month the Italians are the bookies' favourite to go next.

Wrong.

You're in favour of Brexit; we get that; no need to keep saying it in every single thread.
Same could be said of your passion to Remain, why don't you just naff off to France, become an French citizen and enjoy all the benefits of the EU. That way you won't have to keep whining on.

Precisely my point. Ah well.
Noted, but we've always had that system [FPTP]. FPTP is a system that relies upon 'loser's consent' for legitimacy. The outcome of an election/referendum has never before been seriously challenged. Even when Lady Thatcher was in power for many years - with very serious negative consequences for some communities - we accepted the result.

That's all we Leavers have wanted - an acceptance of the democratic outcome. Not the 'well, looked at this way, the results show x' equivocation. Even now, after the huge GE victory for Leave, Remainers are bleating.

Get over it.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Noted, but we've always had that system. FPTP is a system that relies upon 'loser's consent' to be legitimate. The outcome of an election has never seriously been challenged. Even when Lady Thatcher was in power for many years - with serious negative impacts for some communities - we accepted the result.

That's all we Leavers have wanted - an acceptance of the democratic outcome. Not the 'well, looked at this way, the results show x' equivocation. Even now, after the huge GE victory for Leave, Remainers are bleating.

Get over it.
You didn't really expect them to just STFU, did you?

If someone did manage to list the benefits of Brexit I'm not sure it would stop people wetting the bed.
Brexit won't prevent bed wetting?

I didn't know what I was voting for/against!

I thought it would be bad. I had no idea it would be this bad. It's the shoehorning of Brexit into every bit of bad news that really hacks me off. God help us if we get that for the next 20 years.
Everytime a business goes tits up...it is because we left the EU, however if 2000 jobs are created then you won't hear a peep.

Everytime a business goes tits up...it is because we left the EU, however if 2000 jobs are created then you won't hear a peep.
One of our customers went belly up not long after the referendum. They blamed it on Brexit straight away and nothing to do with purchasing all their (short shelf life seasonal) product from abroad, spending way more money than they had available on things they probably didn't need as the market wasn't large enough to sustain them.

Apart from all that, it was Brexit.

Dredd

LE
Seeing as a large number of Leave voters are so delighted.

Just a few will be fine for starters.

Easiest trade deals ever, I gather, but I'm not sure how many have been agreed since 2016.

We're out on in a couple of weeks so obviously it's all wrapped up.
Don't we have to actually LEAVE first?

It's like admitting a new team to a league and asking why it hasn't won it before the season has even started.

Divot.

Seeing as a large number of Leave voters are so delighted.

Just a few will be fine for starters.

Easiest trade deals ever, I gather, but I'm not sure how many have been agreed since 2016.

We're out on in a couple of weeks so obviously it's all wrapped up.
Since we arent out yet it is difficult to answer that question. However here are a few for starters:
1. Finland have agreed to take a million tons of ferret tails from Barnsley.
2. A large number of dual trade rapists/minicab drivers will be exported to Pakistan.
3. A new British invention, the traffic bollard toilet roll holder, will be exported to India, sales are expected to top one million items per month.
4. A constant supply of kippers eyes will be supplied to north Korea for use on their roads as cats eyes.
5. A billion boxes of wet wipe toilet paper will be supplied to Iran for when they start crapping themselves if they piss off the septics anymore.
6. A constant supply of disposable goats vaginas is destined for an un-named country in the Middle East.
7. HMS Victory will be sold to Russia for a vast sum so they can have a proper navy.
8. The entire holdings of Britains sperm banks will be sold to Japan for use as wallpaper glue.
9. I million horse carcases will be sold to Iraq to be used at weddings to keep the flies off the brides.
10. 100 years supply of pig skin condoms are destined for Afghastlystan.
11. Jarrod will be going to the Middle East as the new Sultan of Oman.
12. I cant be bothered with this any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads