Can someone help me identify this helmet?

ugly

LE
It’s missing it’s liner

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Looks like an unused late British WW2 helmet.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Looks like an unused late British WW2 helmet.
Some rivets missing, paint worn off and a nick out of the rim would suggest it's been used for something.

Can someone please help me identify this helmet? The seller told me it was a British, late ww2 helmet that wasn't used because the war ended. I can't find any markings inside. I hope someone can help me out.
Pretty sub quality, but in the style of the British Brodie helmet. I would go to one of the **** militaria websites that will be able to give you the full monty on it.

HE117

LE
Going by the blue smear... was it being used by an insurgent gun team in Iraq a few years back?

..that apart, it looks more like a Civil Defence model..

An anorak writes:

Very probably an example of a No2 Mk 1. About late '40/early '41, because of the demand for helmets, those that had previously been declared as substandard or had been recently pressed from thin, mild steel were brought back into service but with 1 to 4 small holes drilled through the rim to show level of protection that it might offer.

Thin and rather nasty, they were issued to Home Guard, ARP, Fire Watchers, etc.

Bov

Crow
Pretty sub quality, but in the style of the British Brodie helmet. I would go to one of the **** militaria websites that will be able to give you the full monty on it.
Thanks for reacting. What do you mean with "**** militaria websites"?

Bov

Crow
Thanks, I emailed them and they told me it is a ww2 South African Mk2, being refurbished post war.
Most likely by Greece, but maybe also used by Belgium.

I heard different things, so now it's the question who's right.

Latest Threads