Can someone explain Vacancy and Time Promotion rules.

Discussion in 'REME' started by jonah420, Apr 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone explain the above?
  2. What do actually want to know about them?

I've got a rough idea
  3. Mainly how the time promotion rule works
  4. As it says on the tin, you are eligible for promotion after a certain time.

A technician for example, would normally be promoted to L/Cpl after trade training, this is when the clock starts.

A year later they would then be eligible to Cpl and then 4 years later Sgt. As previously stated the starting point is L/Cpl so eligibility to Sgt is actually 5 years from that point and not 4 years from Cpl.

It isn't automatic though, for both promotions they need to be fully qualified and have a strong enough recomendation on their CR's.
  5. Vacancy promotions are for those in the Corps who can earn them where as time promotions are for the Tech Spankers. The same Tech Spankers who would go off and cry if they didn't get promoted at set times even if they are not worth a sh1t!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Techs only get promoted 'on time' if they are reccomended for promotion on their CR, there are plenty out there who are behind the timeline.

Only weak OCs can get a sh1t Tech promoted 'on time' if they don't deserve it.

The Techs are eligible for promotion on a timescale, regardless of vacancies whereas Artisan trades are eligible for promotion after a set timeframe if there is a vacancy. This is why Tech LSNs are rank ranged from LCpl to Sgt and they do not get substitution pay in these posts.
    If the SSgt LSN is vacant, they may get sub pay for that but not generally in fitter section posts.

7. MCM Div at every roadshow I've been to for the last the 20 years. Pay attention next time!

MCM Div in their colour supplement in the Craftsman Mag every month.

Your section Artificer (as long as he doesn't answer to "tiffybox").
  8. A mech, play friendly or no tickets!
  9. Sorry Sparky 8 - All you Tech spankers are really nice chaps and what on earth would we do without you's??
  10. Nige, were you in Lemgo? PS: I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but hey we are here for fun and info. :roll:
  11. Nige, were you in Lemgo? PS: I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but hey we are here for fun and info. :roll:
  12. I was in Lemgo from 89-91ish :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  13. I wasn't in Lemgo between '89-'91, and before and after then. hope this helps.
  14. Ditto
  15. So was I. Who are you? I was a young man from Chester. Got posted back to the UK in 91, served with 7 AAC Regt for 18 months, then became a civilian.

So you remember: Mally, Geordie Smith, Nick King etc.