Can someone explain driver CPC?

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by curl1, Jul 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I have C+E and basically want to know what I need to drive professionally apart from a taco card. I've read conflicting things about CPC - its all classroom based or not? There is or isn't a test? Do I even need to start it, or leave it for a few years?
  2. There is a discussion group for LGV drivers called Big Wheelers which I think has a thread on the subject. Basic points, yes you will need your DCPC completed (35 hours JAUPT approved training) by next September. The qualification is valid for 5 years. No tests just attendance courses.