Can someone advise me please :)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Wonderer, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, right first of all i have applied to join the army as infantry, i had my formal interview yesterday and my candidate support manager rang me today saying i did well apparently and that she's going to recommend me for selection, but i have been doubting i want to go into infantry now, but i still want to be on the ground fighting so this is the things i want from the army and i was wondering if someone could help with what i want;

To be on the front line (or close to)
    To have a trade also that works out well outside the army
    Good banter and enjoyable job

and i know you're immediately thinking, well Royal Engineers of course or Royal Sigs, i know that but what roles in those Corps cover what i'm wanting?

I did my Cognitive test online and i got a score of 61, i have C's in English and Maths and when i went to the interview yesterday the interviewer said i could go for a whole load of jobs in the army, so nothing's really prohibiting me, btw i am 17 on the 29th of this month.

could someone help me thanks in advance
  2. Good news for you lad. All trades do patrols and "front line" stuff these days. So pick any one
  3. Appreciate the reply but i was hoping for a more detailed answer
  4. anyone..
  5. Oh that sounds lovely
  6. Speak with your CSM or do some internet research on the many trades.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.