Can some one have a word with the RAF?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by The_Cheat, Jul 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I'm not normally one to complain but I really must. I know the RAF look up to you AAC types so could you have a word with them for me? They seem to be constantly flying their helicopters over my house and it's getting quite annoying. I mean, it's not even like I live any where near an RAF camp, it's central london!

A pair of Apaches went over last week and that was fine. They were polite and seemed to be following the river but these Chinooks and wot-not seem to be all over the shop! What are they getting up to? Don't they know there's a war on!?
  2. As the Military Wing of New Labour the Royal Air Force was demonstrating to the people of London that the allegation of a shortage of helicopters is a lie.

The two Apaches were there as the RAF does not like to go many places unless the AAC shows them the way.
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I would have a word, but it's past 1700hrs and they have all gone home.
  4. Had what I think was a Merlin(?) over my office last week, was only one though, I take thats all of them?

Chinooks, regular visitor to work and at home, think three or four went over together receintly.

Herc's all the time, but you can hear them comming about an hour before you see them, trying too keep under the hill line.

Worst, but they fcuked off years ago, used to the A10, didnt give you much warning, just arrived on top of you!

Never see the Lynx though, I take it Flashy's banned from Gloucestershire?
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Do you live near the Palace or Kate's place ?
    Wills like to get some training in you know
  6. Are you suggesting that Prince William, Heir to the Throne and Holder of His Grand-Mum's commission, would go on a jolly in what could be the only Chinook we've got left?

I wont stand for it!

Edit for being a spastic....
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Jolly, a Jolly, a fukcing Jolly How very dare you sir
    HRH would obviously be training for a full blown SAR task
    As all the SAR helicopters are busy keeping ratings up on C5 he has to use a Chinook for training

So far he's rescued - His Brother and 12 of his mates
    Kate's mum and dad have made some pretend cliffs just down from their patio where HRH can side slip in and touch and go

Lets not here anymore of this jolly word it's Training :wink:

There you go Cheat ....Done :wink:

Sorry MM!
  9. If you "Lock On" to them you might get a response.
  10. That's an idea... Might take apart a sky dish and a microwave and see what their defensive aids sweet has to say about it!

Quick, to the cheat cave!

T C
  11. Can you pass on the co-ordinates so we can avoid you, no, really, we won't route every Chinook and Herc we've got in the UK* over your house, honest

12. Oh yeah? Well what if I'm up on the roof with my DIY Man-pads? It'll be like black hawk down all over again!!! Bring it on blue jobs!!!
  13. We had a Merlin fly over work last week, I could almost count the rivets on it.
    Not normally a problem but we have a no fly zone over the site due to the nature of our work.
    Someone is in for a major boll......( be careful not the naafi) a real telling off!

Kind regards,

14. Er, that'l be two then.
  15. Could be the same one, trying to make it look like we have two?