Can People Distinguish Pate from Dog Food?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by alib, May 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alib, it's all about proper presentation:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. S'easy, dog food has more meat in it and tastes better :)
    • Like Like x 3
  3. And pate is more expensive.
  4. I'd eat the dog before I had that pate.
  5. Have you tried the pate at lidl or aldi recently, very good stuff & fido likes it to!
  6. Comforting words from a chef!
  7. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Late 1980s at the RADC Officer's Mess there was a dining out dinner for the departing dental officer from 23PFA. At the end of the dinner he asked those who had port and melon whether they had enjoyed it? He then asked whether those who had liver pate had enjoyed it?

finally he explained that those who had the pate were the ones who had signed on for the dinner only after word got out that he had put money behind the bar to pay for everyone's drinks.

He then produced the empty Pedigree Chum liver flavour tins.
    • Like Like x 9
  8. I'll bet dogs can.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TBH, it says "fit for human consumption" on dog food (or used to), more than can be said for any packet/tin of pate!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. More in LAT:
    Now if you has a randomly selected a sample of 18 British OAPs I'm sure they'd be able to pick out the dog food.
  11. When my sister was married & living in MQs, she cooked the Sunday lunch of Yorkshire puddings veg & tinned stew. She'd had an unholy row with her hubby & got her own back by replacing his with a tin of dog food & he couldn't tell the difference. Hardly surprising really tho' as he was ACC.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Has no one ever tried dog food for a bet before? Or are you all just denying it?