Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Parking eye actually fine you ?

Worth noting all, the situation seems to have changed. New legislation has been put in place and Parking Eye are now taking thousands of cases through the courts.

What new legislation is that? Got a link or something to it?

Worth noting all, the situation seems to have changed. New legislation has been put in place and Parking Eye are now taking thousands of cases through the courts.

There is no fine, private parking companies can't fine anyone. All you get is an invoice for an alleged breach of a presumed contract.

There is no appeal process with PPCs, they just want your money.

Ignore all correspondence, never contact them, and don't pay them a penny. They'll give up after a few scary looking letters, and go after some other mug who falls for their scam.

I got a 'ticket' yesterday for parking my vehicle in the only shady spot in the entire car park, rather than leaving my dog to boil alive inside the thing.

Having howled the place down and got the manager out (just for the hell of it really) I ended up with an apology, a £20 voucher and an assurance that they would put up some awnings for 'dog inside' parking spaces.

Thus sayeth the newly signed up poster, who'd joined Arrse just to share that gem of wisdom.

Do you work for Parking Eye, Egg Custard?

PS, Yes, it seems to be bollox, possibly posted by a Parking Eye drone. They can take thousands of cases to court, they'll still lose most of them.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

Somebody read that for me and confirm that it is bollocks. I can't be arsed.

Can those serving be relied upon that their divisional officer (or Army equivelent) will not get all red faced and say "Pay the damned fine - it's threatening the Good Name of the Service", should the alleged enforcement agency attempt (illegally) to send their bill to the service establishment?

Link to the evidence of that claim regarding legislation please.

The law changed last October.
You are now obliged to provide the details of the driver too the parking company, that is enforceable through the courts

However that is all that has changed. Once you have provided the drivers details you can simply ignore the fake fine as before. Its still a speculative invoice, you won't get a CCJ and it isn't a fine.

To pursue the matter further the parking company would have to take you to court for loss of earning for the owner of the car park. ie how much the car park owner lost by you occupying their parking space for that period of time.

Latest Threads