Can of worms

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by tartan_army, Oct 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the news these past couple of weeks is the story of the RAF Officer who is refusing to go to Iraq as he believes the whole thing is illegal. This guy has been suspended on full pay and is awaiting his court martial. He is being court martialled for 4 counts of refusing to obey a lawful command. He has stated that in the manual of airforce law (MAFL) it states that an officer can disobey an order if he believes it to be illegal. He has already completed 2 tours of iraq and 1 tour of afghan but has stated that after hearing the advice the attorney general gave tony blair, he now believes the war to be illegal. He has also stated that he has not got a problem going anywhere else, just iraq.

If he wins then this could open a massive can of worms as every lazy bastard will turn round and say they think the war is illegal.

2. I'm not lazy and I am well aware of who my father is but I think the war is illegal. Having an opinion other than that fed to us by Tony's spin machine however is not yet illegal. I do sympathise with the crabs point of view and admire his ability to stick to his principles. Unlucky for him his principles aren't compatible with his line of work!!!!!

3. The war is illegal.

The order isn't.

End of chat.

4. Correct , out.

Kind of what i was saying, or trying to say !!
    Guess i wasted a few words though !!!

5. Maybe the War was illegal and maybe it wasn't, I'm sure we all have our own opinions whether we feel like voicing them publically or not. I'm also sure it is something historians will debate for years to come.

However the fact is that today (and for the past year) we are no longer at war (debatable I know but as far as the doctrianlly pure definitions go we're not)

We are now assisting the Democratically elected Iraqi Govt at their request and will no doubt remain until such time as the democratically elected govt of Iraq feels it can cope with it's own internal security.

Whatever our own personal opinions on this it doesn't change the fact that any posting order (or mobilisation papers) that any of us now receives is a legal order and must be obeyed.

It's brave of this guy to stand up for his beliefs but unfortunately I feel he has picked the wrong fight at the wrong time, I hope he hasn't comitted career suicide and lumbered his already overstretched colleagues with both his UK workload and with picking up his duty in Iraq. But I think a double whammy will have been scored.

6. The order still was.

Especially for a doctor - how can carrying out and fulfilling triage be wrong?

7. I CANT SE WT PROBLEM IS H3 IS ANTITLED 2 AN OPINION AS MAH BOS KEPS TELNG MESO THER4 U LOT SHUD R3SPACT HIM FOR TAHT!!1!1!1

8. What the fcuk is that previous post all about? Do your parents know you are out for the weekend?
    Can anyone throw some light on that dribble???

VMT

TM007

9. I suspect it may be "slodersgurl" in disguise :D Looks like the Caps Lock button on the keyboard has collapsed under the weight of all that drool ;)

Ghost

10. Chavmong text speak.

Please please don't do it.

it is wrong and very sad.

pp

11. THEYRE ISNT NUFNG WRONG WIT DA WAY I SPAAK JUST B/C ITS DIF3RENT 2 U1!1!! LOL HAEV U GOT A PROBLEM WIT TAHT M8?!?!?!?
    DO U THINK TAHT DA BLOKE IS RIGHT OR WRONG
    ??!???

12. Whether the Officer in question is right or wrong, you need taking outside and given a shoeing.
    Learn how to communicate, then come back and make an intelligent post. Mong.

13. Good evening cnut.

14. WOLF NIPL3CHIPS U CANT TOK11111! WTF JUST LOK AT UR PICTURE1!!! LOL WUT IS DOWNT PUB THEN???????

15. Some ARRSEr is bored then.