Can my UWO & CO do this?

My Wife & I are about to go through a divorce.
We own & live in our own home
My Missus as a German National has asked to be moved to the UK by the Army.
I have responded with an Injunction through the German Courts to stop the kids being removed from the UK based on Child Welfare Grounds (Complicated Story but trust me the danger is real not a knee jerk nasty reaction move)
My CO has instructed my UWO to order me to move into the Mess
I pay the mortgage as mine is the only salary,the house is in joint names and my wife wants me to have it when we split.
Can my CO do this?,as it would look to the German Courts that I am leaving the Family rather than my wife leaving me.
Speak to the ALS at Bielefeld, they will advise you - and your CO what he can and cannot do.
From my UK understanding, as I had a Sgt in a similar position, the CO cannot make you move into the Mess when you either own your own property or are in Married Quarters. The CO has welfare responsibilities, one of which is to make sure his Offrs & Soldiers are accomodated. So, he is offering accom in the Mess but it's being 'spun' and is mostly utilised to look like an order. The regs in BFG may well be different, but this is the case in the UK. Be careful not to "Cut off your nose to spite your face", your CoC don't take sides in marriage split ups.

Latest Threads