Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
EX_STAB said:
As above.
Why?

Looks like this could become an interesting thread.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So, is 'Big Brother' watching you? 8)

The Army Aviation website uses Dragonfly as well and Mods can't see PMs.

Believe me, I've tried. :wink:

Though of course Admin might be able to.

Whether or not mods can see your PMs is the least of your problems. The government can.

So, if you're making arrangements for the coup, you should use snail mail.

But then, there's an added problem. ISTR that using the Royal Mail to conspire to overthrow the government counts as treason - and you can get into trouble for that.

Might be better to write your plans on a fridge, then you can send it by DHL.

putteesinmyhands said:
But then, there's an added problem. ISTR that using the Royal Mail to conspire to overthrow the government counts as treason - and you can get into trouble for that.
Are they actually back to fucking work yet? Lazy cunts.

Praetorian said:
putteesinmyhands said:
Are they actually back to fucking work yet? Lazy cunts.
BCO/GCO did have the weekend off (ish) but yes, they are (apparently) back to work now.

EX_STAB said:
kes1 said:
EX_STAB said:
kes1 said:
Guilty conscience? ;)
Not at all, but it might save others some embarrassment.
Ok now I'm intrigued... :D

I was told a while back that only the COs can see PMs, no idea if it's true or not though.
If that is the case I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Mere mods cant. Only pukka site admins such as GCO and BCO can delve in to your PMs. I know they dont as a matter of routine and they would only do it if they had as really good reason. So fear not, buck-fuck mods cannot. :wink:

I think if you are planning the coup you should use small African boys as runners carrying the message in a forked stick.

Or- you could use nightletters or chapaties. Though I never understood how they used chapaties to communicate prior to the Indian Mutiny.

Absolutely fair question, although I was surprised that you thought that they might be able to. Anyway, they can't and roadster280 is spot on with his comments about database access. I did mention this in the article below, although I will now extend it to mention that mods can't read PMs:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/ARRSESecurity

(quotes before I edit it tonight)

Posts and PMs

The damage from disclosure of your posts in private forums and personal messages are down to what you post or send. Your private messages are gone when you delete them although may still exist in our backups. They are not stored encrypted in the database and could be read.
Don't assume private messages are 100% private.

I should add to that that there are 3 people with access to the ARRSE DB - me, BCO (both too busy to care what is said in PMs) and a German server administrator who I assure you couldn't care less what you write and could probably only read them if written in binary anyway! Oh, and our data centre don't have access either. For the sake of completeness we do backup to a remote server (in Switzerland) every night and don't encrypt the ARRSE DB, although its transmission is secure.

So as I said, don't assume they are 100% private but don't worry either.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
At least this raises a potential article for the next Newsletter, if only to put the minds of the guilty at ease! :D

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Auld-Yin said:
At least this raises a potential article for the next Newsletter, if only to put the minds of the guilty at ease! :D
Good idea. We normally have a tip of the month type bit so it may well go in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scotscop The NAAFI Bar 65
Aunty Stella The NAAFI Bar 100
E ARRSE: Site Issues 24