CAn JPA be accessed through ArmyNet?

I've finally got access to ArmyNet and find that there is practically nothing on it - or so it seems.

Anyway, Is JPA accessible on it?

DigitalGeek said:
Nope. You can however access it on your home PC via the new IASS system. See your admin office for details.
Being TA this might well take some doing - could you give a general overview so I'm a bit better informed when it comes to asking the unit office?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
EX_STAB said:
DigitalGeek said:
Nope. You can however access it on your home PC via the new IASS system. See your admin office for details.
Being TA this might well take some doing - could you give a general overview so I'm a bit better informed when it comes to asking the unit office?
It's not really designed for you Ex_STAB:

A secure service is now available that allows for staff to access JPA and HRMS from an internet
connected PC, at home or from a location outside of MOD, such as industry or another Government
Department. This service is only intended for staff who are seconded to external organisations and do
not have any other regular means of accessing JPA or HRMS ‘on line’.
I can email you the DIN if you like?

Sixty said:
EX_STAB said:
DigitalGeek said:
It's not really designed for you Ex_STAB:

A secure service is now available that allows for staff to access JPA and HRMS from an internet
connected PC, at home or from a location outside of MOD, such as industry or another Government
Department. This service is only intended for staff who are seconded to external organisations and do
not have any other regular means of accessing JPA or HRMS ‘on line’.
I can email you the DIN if you like?
Oh OK. Is there any such system that would provide this for TA?

Get in early on training night and sort your admin out then?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
EX_STAB said:
Not as far as I'm aware. You should have access via your unit so it's my understanding that you don't need remote access.

You could PM DigitalGeek to see if my reading of it is correct though?

Sixty said:
EX_STAB said:
Not as far as I'm aware. You should have access via your unit so it's my understanding that you don't need remote access.

You could PM DigitalGeek to see if my reading of it is correct though?
Ahh! Sorry, had a mong moment there. The IASS system is ok for regulars wih access to DII etc. however I'm unsure about the TA.

There is a terminal at the TAC but with the reduced number of training nights as well as the extra pressure to get stuff done in the remaining four hours a month it would be handy to be able to access it remotely.

Thanks for the advice.

EX_STAB said:
There is a terminal at the TAC but with the reduced number of training nights as well as the extra pressure to get stuff done in the remaining four hours a month it would be handy to be able to access it remotely.

Thanks for the advice.
Can you not make arrangements with your PSI and pop in during the day or after work.

buryfc66 said:
EX_STAB said:

Thanks for the advice.
Can you not make arrangements with your PSI and pop in during the day or after work.
Possibly although it's a 60 mile round trip.

A kind soul has advised that pay statements can be viewed on ArmyNet which is a good deal of the information I was after. Top right - look for the £ symbol.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
EX_STAB said:
A kind soul has advised that pay statements can be viewed on ArmyNet which is a good deal of the information I was after. Top right - look for the £ symbol.
Sorry, E_S. Didn't realise that was all that you were after. You'll get your P60 there at tax year end too.

EX_STAB said:
buryfc66 said:
EX_STAB said:

Thanks for the advice.
Possibly although it's a 60 mile round trip.

A fair point :roll:

Sixty said:
EX_STAB said:
Sorry, E_S. Didn't realise that was all that you were after. You'll get your P60 there at tax year end too.
It's all new to me hence the confusion. I would venture though that there is still a good argument for remote JPA access for TA soldiers.

I think it's about time everybody were able to access JPA through the tinternet, although I do understand the issues with online security etc.

Internet JPA access info and DIN can be found on Armynet, click the £(pay) and on the right hand side of the page you'll find page links, at the bottom of page links is 'internet access to JPA'.

EX_STAB said:
It's all new to me hence the confusion. I would venture though that there is still a good argument for remote JPA access for TA soldiers.
There would be for Regs too, considering how hard it is for some of us to get on DII if you're not a Tp Staffy/OC or work in Ops

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SixBadges Army Pay, Claims & JPA 14
Paymaster AGC, RAPTC and SASC 8
Acid_Tin Army Pay, Claims & JPA 17