can it be that bad?

#1
i start basic in a couple weeks time and a high amount of sappers that ive met seem to say at the moment the army is a crap job choice in todays society and they cant wait to leave. apparently gib barracks is constant room inspections and chatham is plain boring. the truth would be helpfull here, is it just bollucks because its training?
 
#2
Cant really comment since Ive been out of the RE and in the MPGS for a while now, but training units are always going to be b0ll0cks, always have been, always will but you just have to live with it and realise the fact that you wont be there forever.
Its not all bad, some 36 lads are down here adventure training at the mo, enjoying all that the nightlife of Newquay has to offer. Mind you a couple of them brought lasses back. They didnt stay long, must have tried to dry bum them :roll:
 
#3
littlenickoutthere said:
i start basic in a couple weeks time and a high amount of sappers that ive met seem to say at the moment the army is a crap job choice in todays society and they cant wait to leave. apparently gib barracks is constant room inspections and chatham is plain boring. the truth would be helpfull here, is it just bollucks because its training?
Mate im not a sapper but every single day I think of signing off, I come home and I look at my life then think - hold on, its not actually alll that bad! Until the next day of course when you get another bone job. What trade are you looking at going in. I hear the RE basic training and the next phase are pretty tough, especially the combat engineering bit. Good luck lad
 
#4
nothing has changed, it's always been this way.

get on with it.

it's your life not someone else's.

carpe diem.
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#5
Just get it there, and get on with it. Bring a sense of humour and enjoy.
 
#6
Newquay, and hangover sqn PT, never has anyone gone through such an emotional week.

You just got to remember, once your out of training, engineers get all the pussy and fast cars. :twisted:
 
#7
littlenickoutthere said:
apparently gib barracks is constant room inspections
And then some. Welcome to the house of pain. It is training though, and it will end.

littlenickoutthere said:
chatham is plain boring. the truth would be helpfull here
Chatham is what you make of it. Dont sit on your bed playing playstation and wanking yourself to death, get out and about. You cant let other people shimfing put you off, or you are doomed. It's a soldiers privilege to whinge like fcuk.

Nightrained, WTF? :?
 
#11
cdn_spr said:
Detonator said:
Nightrained, WTF? :?
don't you remember?

NT: 'Yeah, I'm hard as f**k cuz I'm an engineer...we rule...cough..pant...wheeze...slow down fellas I can't run THAT fast....'

 
#13
Is Gib still considered "that bad" - yes, bullshit reigns, but no more, no less than elsewhere?

Something to do with standards I recall.

NT - enlighten us with your prediction for your PFT - I guess you've been out pounding the roads for the last few evenings, not your pillow? :lol:
 
#14
fuk it if you aint man enough to pass through gib you aint man enough to wear the colours of the proudest corps going!!

shrug of your human thoughts and become a god like we all have!!
 
#15
and the best thing about being an engineer is everyone knows you're an engineer..on tour they become your friend because they need you!! Not the other way round...never has been never will be!
 
#16
cheggarsRE said:
fuk it if you aint man enough to pass through gib you aint man enough to wear the colours of the proudest corps going!!

shrug of your human thoughts and become a god like we all have!!
HOORAH ... probably the best statement i've read on here cheggers! :lol:
 
#18
cdn_spr said:
Poor NT, you MUST post your next PFT timings on here....


......once again, I promise we won't make fun of you

Why can I smell bullshit. :wink:

Nah, I'm going to be all over it like a tramp on chips, and I have been pounding the hill daily.
 
#19
well good luck, your motivation should be the slagging off you will receive on here should you walk it again like you must have done last time. At least pass it...

To littlenickoutthere

Gib is tough but as previous posters have stated it is that way for a reason, 10 weeks is a very short period of time, and you will actually look back on it with fond memories...ish..

as for chatham, it's what you make of it. Sure its boring for the losers locked into their XBox360, or those who rush home every weekend cause they miss Mary Jane rotten crotch their hometown sweetheart (who is no doubt handing it out to everyone other swinging dick in his absence). Use the money you get and rather than waste it, do some travelling each weekend (like the trip to southend, right cheggars??). Most likely there will be a few other adventurous souls who can join you, for example, france is but a hop skip and a ferry ride away, germany just a wee bit further.

Or just spunk all your cash down the gutter at Churchills, and spend next months pay on VD anti-biotics after your back alley knee trembler from chatham's finest.

Your choice.

End of the day, you get out of it what you put into it. And at most, it's a year out of your life that everyone has to complete before they get to the real army, where the real fun happens.
 
#20
cdn_spr said:
well good luck, your motivation should be the slagging off you will receive on here should you walk it again like you must have done last time. At least pass it...

To littlenickoutthere

Gib is tough but as previous posters have stated it is that way for a reason, 10 weeks is a very short period of time, and you will actually look back on it with fond memories...ish..

as for chatham, it's what you make of it. Sure its boring for the losers locked into their XBox360, or those who rush home every weekend cause they miss Mary Jane rotten crotch their hometown sweetheart (who is no doubt handing it out to everyone other swinging dick in his absence). Use the money you get and rather than waste it, do some travelling each weekend (like the trip to southend, right cheggars??). Most likely there will be a few other adventurous souls who can join you, for example, france is but a hop skip and a ferry ride away, germany just a wee bit further.

Or just spunk all your cash down the gutter at Churchills, and spend next months pay on VD anti-biotics after your back alley knee trembler from chatham's finest.

Your choice.

End of the day, you get out of it what you put into it. And at most, it's a year out of your life that everyone has to complete before they get to the real army, where the real fun happens.
Touch of the confessionals there cdn_spr? :D
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads