Can I?

I agree @NSP One of my neighbours' son live 25 miles away and he is regularly driving over and spending an hour with his parents before going back home. His parents aren't old and frail they are only mid 50s and quite active.

Where I would have a problem is in the 5th section referring to enforcement.
"if the police believe that you have broken these rules"

Believes? That doesn't cut the mustard, or has Magna Carta been repealed and the burden of proof is now on the accused?

2's Company & 3's A Crowd - Unless members of your own immediate family.
2's Company, 3's an orgy, and if it involves members of your own immediate family you're doing it wrong

partyr

Old-Salt
2's Company, 3's an orgy, and if it involves members of your own immediate family you're doing it wrong
Unless you are from Naaaaaaaaaaaaaarrffaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Being self employed (and with no government help/cash likely until June) and with customer orders to make and get out of the workshop I am still having to go into work three days a week.

I'm using my bike to get to work most days so i can get some exercise at the same time. I may consider walking/jogging now that the weather is improving.

No sign of Mr Plod intercepting people around here to grill them about why they are out, although my wife spoke to a local tradesman on Tuessday who said that a friend of his was stopped twice in Cheshire on Monday.

However, as there are so few police in and around where I live I daresay that posting a car on the local main roads to check on traffic will probably not affect me. Having lived in this area for 30 years, my local knowledge of the back roads, alleys, cut throughs, riverside paths and the like is probably greater than theirs.

I can get to work without having to travel on a main road for more than a couple of hundred yards and if I walk I can do some of the trip across country which is not accessible to vehicles...

The old recce/patrolling/security skills (checking the route, observing for potential obstacles (Plod), and having alternate routes and changing them regularly) may once again come in handy. At a push I might even be able to outrun a dismounted Plod...

Catch me if you can... :)

Last edited:
Where I would have a problem is in the 5th section referring to enforcement.
"if the police believe that you have broken these rules"

Believes? That doesn't cut the mustard, or has Magna Carta been repealed and the burden of proof is now on the accused?
The police nearly always believe that someone has broken the law, its up to the courts to say if they have or not.

Being self employed (and with no government help/cash likely until June) and with customer orders to make and get out of the workshop I am still having to go into work three days a week.

I'm using my bike to get to work most days so i can get some exercise at the same time. I may consider walking/jogging now that the weather is improving.

No sign of Mr Plod intercepting people around here to grill them about why they are out, althjough my wife spoke to a local tradesman on Tuessday who said that a friend of his was stopped twice in Cheshire on Monday.

However, as there are so few police in and around where I live I daresay that posting a car on the local main roads to check on traffic will probably not affect me. Having lived in this area for 30 years, my local knowledge of the back roads, alleys, cut throughs, riverside paths and the like is probably greater than theirs.

I can get to work without having to travel on a main road for more than a couple of hundred yards and if I walk I can do some of the trip across country which is not accessible to vehicles...

The old recce/patrolling/security skills (checking the route, observing for potential obstacles (Plod), and having alternate routes and changing them regularly) may once again come in handy. At a push I might even be able to outrun a dismounted Plod...

Catch me if you can... :)
They probably will. The Old Bill in my neck of the woods know the area so intimately they don't need to chase crims. They'll just park up at the right spot and wait for the crims to run into them and 99% of the time they do.

I liked the one about the photographer bloke rescued by Mountain Rescue up Tryfan this week, who upon getting off the mountain asked advice on which mountain to try next
thats the f$%^wit messing with peoples freedoms not the government, if people followed the basic rules they wouldn't need to get 1980's soviet union on us

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Be that as it may, the idea that cops can impose an arbitrary fine on what they believe, not on what has been proved beyond a reasonable doubt, grits my shit.
That's how most fines work. You can appeal them if you think you are innocent,

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Be that as it may, the idea that cops can impose an arbitrary fine on what they believe, not on what has been proved beyond a reasonable doubt, grits my shit.

Particularly if they "believe" a curtain twitching tosser who dobs you in without bothering to ascertain what you're doing or why.

Just cycle to where dozy plod isn't going to be. I shall be heading out for a 2 hour plus off-road ride this afternoon and I might meet a horse rider or maybe a dog walker in the 20+ miles. Plod won't be seen.

Far too many people have turned into the eyes and ears of the gestapo in the last 4 days. So long as you are sensible it's ok to go out for a bike ride with family.

If you are paranoid just take a spare inner tube, pump and some tyre leavers and let one of the tyres down at lunch time. Just fixing a puncture officer.

Just been watching some boxhead TV. Their report on the UK was very derogatory; panic buying, tubes full, foul up with PPE, limited testing plus some pretty laughable coverage of our Dear Leader.

Easy to create an unbalanced report.
We had panic buying.
The Tube is stuffed.
There isn't enough PPE.
There is limited testing.
Our Dear Leader is,shall we say, a bit of a clown.

Doesn't sound unbalanced so much as Teutonically accurate.

We had panic buying.
The Tube is stuffed.
There isn't enough PPE.
There is limited testing.
Our Dear Leader is,shall we say, a bit of a clown.

Doesn't sound unbalanced so much as Teutonically accurate.
The tube is only stuffed because Khan wants to kill of as many commuters as possible to have something to blame on Boris

Latest Threads