Can I?

As long as you can make sure that you stay 2-3m away from anyone then there is no problem.
I have been out running every day, as I pass someone I check for cars and run in the road giving them stacks of space. Usually get a nod or a thank you. One thing that I hope carres over into normal times is the curtesy and friendliness that seems to have afflicted most people.

It's up to your common sense. Not Internet 'Karens' thinking they can tell people what to do.

I must say I never thought I'd see the day when one had to justify to the police their reasons for being outside, and potentially fined taking his kid to a park. I never thought I'd see us become a nation of snitches with smartphones, informing on others for extremely trivial things.

It's not Boris' fault, obviously, but society has begged for the state to deprive them of the most basic freedoms.

As long as you can make sure that you stay 2-3m away from anyone then there is no problem.
I have been out running every day, as I pass someone I check for cars and run in the road giving them stacks of space. Usually get a nod or a thank you. One thing that I hope carres over into normal times is the curtesy and friendliness that seems to have afflicted most people.

It's up to your common sense. Not Internet 'Karens' thinking they can tell people what to do.
Wor Lass runs ultra marathons; she's done one 185 mile non-stop and quite a few 100 milers.

She could go out and run for 24 hours without many problems; maybe on a long loop around the house so she can pick up water and snacks as she passes.

But I guess that's why in France the rules gradually became more restrictive as time passed. I think there they can only exercise within 1 km from their house now.

imo You and son cycling - no harm done, crack on and make each other happy

Surprised so many here supporting Gestapo/Stasi approach

Add to that, the power grab. Governments are very poor at repealing legislation and every grab they make turns the ratchet. We might find ourselves getting used to the police routinely stopping us and the state locking us down when the next crisis comes along
Plod in some counties at it today, stopping every car/bike and "Nah, not essential, £60 fine. Do it again and fine £120"

Some counties: No, we want public on our side

No surprise which Scotland's Fuhrer Poison Dwarf opted for with "we'll jail you for a year" too

FFS out on/in bike/car for 'exercise' recreation harms nobody, still self-isolated

Oh, Gov now announced coughing/sneezing/hawk&spit in presence of Police an offence as 'potentially infective'

Gov do like 'potentially' in laws, largest use is stealing children on 'potentially emotional abuse' exposure

Now detained for being 'potentially' infectious added

Cnuts

Yes the state trying to protect people from a disease that kills is exactly the same as murderous police regimes :roll:

Its never harmful, until it is, and then its all the Governments fault for not doing more.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Plod in some counties at it today, stopping every car/bike and "Nah, not essential, £60 fine. Do it again and fine £120"

No surprise which Scotland's Fuhrer Poison Dwarf opted for with "we'll jail you for a year" too

FFS out on/in bike/car for 'exercise' recreation harms nobody, still self-isolated

Oh, Gov now announced coughing/sneezing/hawk&spit in presence of Police an offence as 'potentially infective'

Gov do like 'potentially' in laws, largest use is stealing children on 'potentially emotional abuse' exposure

Cnuts

You sound like one of the reasons that every other reasonable person is under suspicion.

Niamac

GCM
Just been watching some boxhead TV. Their report on the UK was very derogatory; panic buying, tubes full, foul up with PPE, limited testing plus some pretty laughable coverage of our Dear Leader.

Easy to create an unbalanced report.

Cnuts
You stupid cünt.

SWJ99

War Hero
Tomorrow my 9 year old son would like to go out for a bike ride. Can I ride 45 minutes to nearby open space, have our lunch and cycle back?
The legislation doesn't say you can't.........

Here's the guidelines; and there's no mention of 45 mins.

View attachment 460095
True. And they are only guidelines. They say 'should' but the guidelines alone are just a subjective interpretation of the legislation.

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020

Restrictions on movement

6.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1), a reasonable excuse includes the need—

(a) to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for vulnerable persons and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household, or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money, including from any business listed in Part 3 of Schedule 2;
(b) to take exercise either alone or with other members of their household;
(c) to seek medical assistance, including to access any of the services referred to in paragraph 37 or 38 of Schedule 2;
(d) to provide care or assistance, including relevant personal care within the meaning of paragraph 7(3B) of Schedule 4 to the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Groups Act 2006(1), to a vulnerable person, or to provide emergency assistance;
(e) to donate blood;
(f) to travel for the purposes of work or to provide voluntary or charitable services, where it is not reasonably possible for that person to work, or to provide those services, from the place where they are living;
(g) to attend a funeral of—
(i) a member of the person’s household,
(ii) a close family member, or
(iii) if no-one within sub-paragraphs (i) or (ii) are attending, a friend;
(h) to fulfil a legal obligation, including attending court or satisfying bail conditions, or to participate in legal proceedings;
(i) to access critical public services, including—
(i) childcare or educational facilities (where these are still available to a child in relation to whom that person is the parent, or has parental responsibility for, or care of the child);
(ii) social services;
(iii) services provided by the Department of Work and Pensions;
(iv) services provided to victims (such as victims of crime);
(j) in relation to children who do not live in the same household as their parents, or one of their parents, to continue existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children, and for the purposes of this paragraph, “parent” includes a person who is not a parent of the child, but who has parental responsibility for, or who has care of, the child;
(k) in the case of a minister of religion or worship leader, to go to their place of worship;
(l) to move house where reasonably necessary;
(m) to avoid injury or illness or to escape a risk of harm.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1), the place where a person is living includes the premises where they live together with any garden, yard, passage, stair, garage, outhouse or other appurtenance of such premises.

(4) Paragraph (1) does not apply to any person who is homeless.

Last edited:
Loved the radio comments today about a bunch from London deciding going surfing in Cornwall was fine...
I liked the one about the photographer bloke rescued by Mountain Rescue up Tryfan this week, who upon getting off the mountain asked advice on which mountain to try next

Probably Plymouth Council as they have deemed all council employees essential. Grass being cut, trees planted.......all essential stuff. Mouth breathing Labour council.
Not Tavistock, they closed the recycling tip a week ago and there is me using the crisis to have a tidy up in the garden and garage....bastards.

The ever young Mrs.B&B had to go into the office today, rota system, her turn.
Workshop and stores working normally with precautions, general office and sales working from home except for rota.
She gots an email on her phone explaining her essential services, in case she gets a;

"Hello, hello young Lady and where might you be going this fine sunny morning."

NSP

LE
The government's guidelines do not include essential work. Anyone can travel to work if they can't work from home.

It's as simple as that.

Unless that bloke on the scissor lift could somehow get those window frames into his house, he's perfectly entitled to travel to work and work.

There is much misunderstanding around this area.

He is also working away from anyone in the building, being outside of it.

What made me fume was the news last night bigging up the clap for the NHS moment (worthwhile in and of itself, I'll admit - a little goes a long way when morale slumps. For example, I've just boosted the fairy princess's morale with an unexpected Creme Egg in place of the boiled egg she was expecting on the tray) by showing footage of a tracking shot where the cameraman was clearly moving along a pavement within inches of the people all stood at their front gates clapping, and also the number of people in terraces where the two adjacent front doors are next to each other as are the gates and the two couples from each house are stood with nothing more than the thickness of the waist-high garden wall between them. And clusters of people clearly not from the same household clapping in the middle of the street.

The Old Bill need to climb across that sort of thing, not fart-arse about with drones spying on a couple that have isolated in their own car to drive to an isolated spot and walk in isolation for the sake of maintaining fitness - probably essential in helping fight the bug if they get it - and mental health (although the muppets all parking up on top of each other at "a beauty spot" are another matter, clearly).

Let's face it; rural populations are at lower risk than populations that live crammed together in urban sprawls, which is where all the clapping footage across BBC, ITV and Sky were being broadcast from.

Speaking of the news - last night on BBC News at Ten, reporter lass in nice blue coat saying that people should stay at home unless absolutely necessary. From the middle of a pedestrian precinct in a town centre. Take your own advice and Skype it in from your front room, luv.

Latest Threads