Can I?

Unremarkable

War Hero
And one form of exercise at that*, if I heard correctly (in my defence, I was mid medicine round when the announcement was made).

*As opposed to "baht 'at"**, which is just silly.
**Some Northern dialect for 'bare headed' or, perhaps, tourist speak for a cheap and tacky piece of Thai headgear.

Our local council had their sub contractors cutting and strimming the grass along our lane yesterday. Three blokes, all in the front of a Transit pick up.
I was watching the bins being emptied the other day and the same occurred to me a 3 man crew in a cab because health and safety meant they cant ride on the back like in the olden days, none of them wearing gloves masks or any other protective equipment other then a hi vis and im guessing steelies.

Where does it say an hour maximum? Everything I've seen is going out for exercise once a day.
Once a day for 45 minutes of exercise.

Here's the thing - out today to collect Woman's prescription. This takes me past the old Council Office, which closed this January.

For some reason, there's a chap on a scissor lift painting window frames. WT very F, I thought-that can't be 'essential work'?

Then again, he's a lone worker, there's no office workers to interact with and he's earning some cash and keeping his (probably) 1-man business going.

No harm, no foul?

The government's guidelines do not include essential work. Anyone can travel to work if they can't work from home.

It's as simple as that.

Unless that bloke on the scissor lift could somehow get those window frames into his house, he's perfectly entitled to travel to work and work.

There is much misunderstanding around this area.

Once a day for 45 minutes of exercise.
OK, where is that official guidance? I've just looked because this is the first I've heard of a time limit and I can't find it on the .gov advice.

There's obviously a problem with government messaging.
The only problem I've found was getting the text about the restrictions the day after they were imposed. Having watched Boris introduce the current system I paid attention and worked out what I would need to do.

Getting the text the next day at 2pm saying "New rules in force now: you must stay at home" I assumed that the lockdown had become more stringent and spent 10 minutes trying to find these 'new' rules that didn't exist.

The only problem I've found was getting the text about the restrictions the day after they were imposed. Having watched Boris introduce the current system I paid attention and worked out what I would need to do.

Getting the text the next day at 2pm saying "New rules in force now: you must stay at home" I assumed that the lockdown had become more stringent and spent 10 minutes trying to find these 'new' rules that didn't exist.
Someone kicked off about a local window cleaner working where I live on facebook. These and gardeners were singled out by Nick Sturgeon who basically told them to 'go to work; you work alone; respect the rules and you're good for the community'.

But we're turning into a nation of curtain twitchers.

Where does it say they're not OK?

I guess it's all a way of limiting the number of people out and about at the same time, despite all hygiene precautions and social distancing?
it’s also about stopping people ending up getting a trip with blues and 2’s to intensive care.
less people swanning about on the roads, less demand or ICU beds.

And one form of exercise at that*, if I heard correctly (in my defence, I was mid medicine round when the announcement was made).

*As opposed to "baht 'at"**, which is just silly.
**Some Northern dialect for 'bare headed' or, perhaps, tourist speak for a cheap and tacky piece of Thai headgear.
On Ilkley Moor. :cool:

Latest Threads