Can I?

Tomorrow my 9 year old son would like to go out for a bike ride. Can I ride 45 minutes to nearby open space, have our lunch and cycle back?

/\ Wot he said.

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
Tomorrow my 9 year old son would like to go out for a bike ride. Can I ride 45 minutes to nearby open space, have our lunch and cycle back?
Why are you asking this question? It seems unimportant to anyone on here.

triggerigger

War Hero
Good idea for a thread. Lots of people trying to justify bucking the rules. Including myself considering going out on the mtb with a telescopic fishing rod. No. It's a bit like the is it a sport questions eg darts etc
If you have to ask it's not.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
What is the objection? As far as I understood it, government advice was that children can go between households if parents are separated.

What is the objection? As far as I understood it, government advice was that children can go between households if parents are separated.
Advice is out for an hour in total, not 2x45 minutes and a stop for lunch.

Where does the OP state that is the case.

This whole thing is quite easy, just do as the Government have told us. Where in their advice does it say picnics are OK?

Here's the thing - out today to collect Woman's prescription. This takes me past the old Council Office, which closed this January.

For some reason, there's a chap on a scissor lift painting window frames. WT very F, I thought-that can't be 'essential work'?

Then again, he's a lone worker, there's no office workers to interact with and he's earning some cash and keeping his (probably) 1-man business going.

No harm, no foul?

Here's the thing - out today to collect Woman's prescription. This takes me past the old Council Office, which closed this January.

For some reason, there's a chap on a scissor lift painting window frames. WT very F, I thought-that can't be 'essential work'?

Then again, he's a lone worker, there's no office workers to interact with and he's earning some cash and keeping his (probably) 1-man business going.

No harm, no foul?
Hope he had a FFP3 mask to protect him from the flakes of leaded paint.

Rab_C

War Hero

No harm, no foul?
Probably Plymouth Council as they have deemed all council employees essential. Grass being cut, trees planted.......all essential stuff. Mouth breathing Labour council.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Where does the OP state that is the case.

This whole thing is quite easy, just do as the Government have told us. Where in their advice does it say picnics are OK?

Where does it say they're not OK?

I guess it's all a way of limiting the number of people out and about at the same time, despite all hygiene precautions and social distancing?

I bet someone somewhere is asking if dogging is still ok as long as they keep to social distancing guidelines

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I have my own anxieties about whether I should still be seeing my partner of 21 years standing. :-(

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
In Brighton, we are taking care.

Probably Plymouth Council as they have deemed all council employees essential. Grass being cut, trees planted.......all essential stuff. Mouth breathing Labour council.
Our local council had their sub contractors cutting and strimming the grass along our lane yesterday. Three blokes, all in the front of a Transit pick up.

Latest Threads