Can I wear this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.....My wife has bought me a Denison smock (1944 pattern) and fitted it up with my trade badges (all earned).....I go fishing a lot and she thought I could wear it for that.
But its far to good for that.Its hanging on a chair in the dining room at the moment and it looks the business.Can I wear it ? Is it against the law (wearing uniform without permission ) Will I be hunted down by the mitty hunters (knobs).
Any advice ?

Datsun 120Y

Old-Salt
as long as there's no badges you haven't earned, crack on.

No, your just be a typical smacked arse faced fisherman, sitting in the rain trying to catch a creature with a brain the size of a lentil, that regularly out smarts you.

You can wear your Dennison smock and trade badges if you want (Can't imagine why you would want to be all badges up though) but ask yourself where it will all end...

Before you know it it'll be a ginger marching suit, SAS beret and a credit account with the eBay branch of "Bling Is Us"

upload_2014-11-27_19-56-27.png

OK.....My wife has bought me a Denison smock (1944 pattern) and fitted it up with my trade badges (all earned).....I go fishing a lot and she thought I could wear it for that.
But its far to good for that.Its hanging on a chair in the dining room at the moment and it looks the business.Can I wear it ? Is it against the law (wearing uniform without permission ) Will I be hunted down by the mitty hunters (knobs).
Any advice ?

Denison smocks are renowned for their thermal and waterproof qualities.

That's why all recent Everest expedition members chose them over Rab, North Face, Arc'teryx gear etc.

You bellend.

Wear it to the next remembrance day parade with extra medals, especially Cold Warrior bought ones. Just for the joy of watching people going incandescent on here.

Any advice ?
Why would you want to?

Why not pretend to be Jesus and wear a cross?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

HHH

GCM
Do you have a pipe to go with your smock?

Any advice ?

You're a civvie (I assume) going fishing. You can wear the full dress uniform of the Life Guards if you want to.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You're a civvie (I assume) going fishing. You can wear the full dress uniform of the Life Guards if you want to.
The boots would come in handy if wading!

Datsun 120Y

Old-Salt
Nah it's a '44 one - no studs at the back, just dangling........

'44 (Mark 2) had poppers. '41 (Mark 1) Didn't, or so my dad ('59 pattern) tells me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads