Can i wear my own trainers at Phase 1?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by SOLSTICE, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are you allowed to wear your own trainers in Phase 1 or do you have to wear the issued ones, just wondering as i love my pair of shoes i run in and worn them in just nicely?
  2. Yes mate, I wore mine. I'd sewn cap badges on the tongue and where it said Nike Air I skillfully editted it to 'Nike Air Corps'
  3. I'm joining in July (regulars) and know that we cant. Silver shadows!
  4. Issued only- It is just one more type of uniform in phase one, so everybody dresses the same, looks the same.
    You may grow attatched to them, you never know! I know of several people that wore their silver road slappers out on the town- They were generally quite unpopular people though. ;)
  5. Nice, think i'll skip on the accessorising though lol

Edited - Just read the other posts.

Guess i'll have to share my love with some shadows then :)
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yeah you can, anyone else who tells you differently is lying, silver ghosts are preferred though. :roll:
  7. I'm soo confused, some say yes some say no, i can't handle more than 1 variable!
  8. You get issued them. You wear them. It's basic training for the finest Army in the world, not a fashion parade.

I wouldn't worry about what you can and can't wear just yet. The nice men with stripes at the depot will see you right.
  9. Why not compromise with HMF and wear one of theirs and one of yours?
  10. I might even get points for initiative if i do that :)
  11. You'll be good in the Army then. :roll:

And unless things have changed in 9 years (which they might) then only silver shads.
  12. Please don't be dissapointed with me, i was only joking, honest :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.