Can i wear my own trainers at Phase 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you allowed to wear your own trainers in Phase 1 or do you have to wear the issued ones, just wondering as i love my pair of shoes i run in and worn them in just nicely?

Yes mate, I wore mine. I'd sewn cap badges on the tongue and where it said Nike Air I skillfully editted it to 'Nike Air Corps'

Issued only- It is just one more type of uniform in phase one, so everybody dresses the same, looks the same.
You may grow attatched to them, you never know! I know of several people that wore their silver road slappers out on the town- They were generally quite unpopular people though. ;)

Nice, think i'll skip on the accessorising though lol

Edited - Just read the other posts.

Guess i'll have to share my love with some shadows then :)

Queenie_87 said:
I'm joining in July (regulars) and know that we cant. Silver shadows!
Yeah you can, anyone else who tells you differently is lying, silver ghosts are preferred though. :roll:

You get issued them. You wear them. It's basic training for the finest Army in the world, not a fashion parade.

I wouldn't worry about what you can and can't wear just yet. The nice men with stripes at the depot will see you right.

SOLSTICE said:
I'm soo confused, some say yes some say no, i can't handle more than 1 variable!
Why not compromise with HMF and wear one of theirs and one of yours?

SOLSTICE said:
i can't handle more than 1 variable!
You'll be good in the Army then. :roll:

And unless things have changed in 9 years (which they might) then only silver shads.

Status
Not open for further replies.