Can I wear my Mess Dress after I leave the Army?

Wonder if any of you fine chaps know what the etiquette is for wearing the old blue drinking suit after you've got out. Rather than flog it for a fraction of what I paid for it, I would like to keep it (as it is probably the only made-to-measure suit I will ever own!) but not sure if, as ex-Army, it is the done thing to wear it at weddings, fancy balls, etc.........

Am quite prepared for a torrent of abuse, but don't mind as long as a sensible answer appears as well!

Depends if Mrs Bedford is into kinky Mess Dress sex....with you that is.

Wonder if any of you fine chaps know what the etiquette is for wearing the old blue drinking suit after you've got out. Rather than flog it for a fraction of what I paid for it, I would like to keep it (as it is probably the only made-to-measure suit I will ever own!) but not sure if, as ex-Army, it is the done thing to wear it at weddings, fancy balls, etc.........

Am quite prepared for a torrent of abuse, but don't mind as long as a sensible answer appears as well!
Are you so tight with your cash that you are unable to part with 200 quid for a dinner jacket?

Are you in a Scots or Yorkshire Reg't by any chance?

PS Don't wear it to a fancy dress, you will look like a bell end.

B

Biscuits_AB

I'm often seen in mine, meandering through the aisles at LiDL, ALDI and All Days. I paid for it, so I'll wear it.

Technically yes, as long as you were an SNCO or officer and post 'R' on your epaulettes.

The main question is why the **** would you want to?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Why would you want to?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Damm. Gremlin beat me to it.

Leave the man alone. I'm wearing nothing but an S10 and NBC gloves at this very moment. What's the problem?

It will make a wonderful smoking jacket when worn with a set of clasic striped PJ's in the study.

Ps ensure you wear minatures for collecting the post on the butlers morning orf

[video=youtube;ZdgDTLW6-I8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdgDTLW6-I8[/video]

Adam Ant Walt

I'm wearing mine all the time. Not the jacket, just the taffeta frock. It makes me feel like Scarlett O'Hara.

Grandmother rights were claimed.

Bickies, veg aisle at Tesco on Saturday? How will I recognise you?

Leave the man alone. I'm wearing nothing but an S10 and NBC gloves at this very moment. What's the problem?
What are the rules?

I'm wearing mine all the time. Not the jacket, just the taffeta frock. It makes me feel like Scarlett O'Hara.Grandmother rights were claimed.Bickies, veg aisle at Tesco on Saturday? How will I recognise you?
He will be the one groping the melons