Can I wear a uniform to and from careers office ? New Soldier doing satisfied soldie

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by Praetor, Mar 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I have what is probably going to sound like a stupid question, and I also apologise if I am posting this in the wrong section of the forum.

I have recently passed out, and am waiting to start Phase II. I have been put down to do satisfied soldier at my local careers office.

My question is, do I arrive there in my uniform, or should I arrive in a civies and change there ?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Well done on passing out, and extra well done for being a "satusfied soldier"! Commanders should be encouraging wearing of uniform in public to/from places of work, whether you are in your car, on the train or walking. So unless you're told otherwise, assume its ok.

You could always ring them and check - but I'm guessing you start tomorrow?!!!

3. Hi Scavenger.

Thanks for the advice and the quick response.

I am starting tomorrow. I was under the impression that one wore their uniform to and from the office, and as such never questioned it. However, another soldier who is also doing satisfied soldier, but in another town, was advised not to wear his uniform to and from the office due to the danger of being kidnapped ? I would prefer to wear my uniform to the office, mainly because I'm proud of it, but also because it is a hassle having to lug a whole second set of clothes with. I was just curious if there was an actual rule regarding this ? I didn't want to arrive and make a bad impression on my first day.

Thanks

4. Congratulations to the OP.

On a wider issue, WTF is a post Ph1 soldier doing at a Careers Office? Voice of experience talks?

5. I think I'm supposed to be telling potential recruits about how much I enjoyed phase I training. I imagine though, that I'll probably be making tea and coffee all day... :)

6. I was advised to put a jacket over my shirt or just wear the t-shirt whilst driving to and from the ACIO. Depends where you live really, my ACIO is in the biggest Asian area of town and 1 or 2 (or 50) arrests relating to Islamic extremism have been in the news from there.

7. yes i concur.how the **** can you be satisfied when you have not even left the factory.

8. I believe what he means is that he arrived at his phase two factory and placed him on this due to a course not starting for some time yet.

9. Believe it or not, a recently passed out soldier can still be of good advice to people walking in off the street. Who better to speak to regarding what training is going to be like than someone who has just done it? Plus, I hadn't been corrupted by the Army at that point so I only had good things to say.

10. Wouldn't I get into trouble for wearing non military kit with my uniform ?

11. Nope, it's on various orders and regs I've seen that you can wear a civilian jacket over military uniform when travelling to and from the place of work for security reasons.

12. yeah,yeah point taken on that.however compare your average sprog now to a sprog of say,fifteen years ago-******* world of difference.what the **** is happening to this mans army?

13. I hate to be flippant but surely the combats and boots give it away? :wink:

14. You don't even need to go back 15 years! I'm still a a veritable sprog in the grand scheme of things, but speaking to people who went through basic just last year, loads has changed since even I went through! They don't even get beasted at basic anymore.

15. yes its a ******* disgrace.