Can I visit you please?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Dutch_Bird, Jun 20, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm off to Sandhurst in September and I would really like to visit the RE before I go in.  I've already tried the official route, but they've said everything is fully booked.  Is there a chance of an unofficial visit, even if it's only a short one it would be better than nothing.

It will have to be after the 19th July because I'm in Holland until then.

Any offers or contacts etc would be greatly appreciated.

2. Have you asked them just about fam visits or have you asked about the solider visits asswell?

I went on one of the soldier look at life visits at minley last year and it gave me a good insight into the engineers. You might not get the a view of what its like to be an officer in the corps but you get to try out some equiptment and talk to soliders and you get a for you as the officer visit but its worth going on. Also becuase there were a few people on the course like me who were interested in being officers in the corps an extra lecture was organised where a 2/lt on the troop commanders course came and gave us a talk on being an officer in the corps.

If your interested there is information on the solider careers section of the RE website I think.

(if you have allready asked about look at life ignore this message!)

3. Thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought of doing that.  So I'll give it a go.

Cheers

DB