Can i travel on my Army i.d card?

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by kurt_ruby, May 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. well im on leave (from basic) and i fancy a short break now ive been told by my sergeant that i can travel anywere in eurupe on my id card but ive just been down the travel agents and they aint to sure and i dont want to be stuck somewere in spain if you get the jist. thank you in advance for any help. for any help. :)

2. Some internal airlines might accept it, Border guards generally won't.

3. Don't be silly, you can't travel on an army ID card, its not got any wheels.. a bus would be easier.

4. I am sure I will corrected if I am wrong, but ID and NATO travel order means you can generally travel anywhere in western Europe (except France).

5. I used a NATO travel order to get through France, but that was about 18 years ago.

6. Try and fly from the UK to Cyprus (Cypair) on an MOD 90 and I'll guarentee you will not get very far.

Why not be really bizzare and get a fucking passport you tool!

You are akin to common sense that Fred West was to the RSPCC.

7. MOD 90 or British Passport. What's the difference?

One says you have a job (As a soldier, but still a job), The other is a Passport (an internationally recognised travel document). They even look different:

Attached Files:

8. They normally only issue the travel orders for certain exercises due to the fact most soldiers should have a passport, (I did get one once for leave but that was because the army had lost my passport) Except certain Commonwealth soldiers who tend to need passport, ID card, and a NATO travel order to go anywhere in europe.

9. Legs can you also explain the difference between yourself and a homosexual man?

Freak.

10. a willy

11. Ah yes, good to see Geordie_Twat still has problems staying on thread.

Grow up you fuckwit.

12. you may be able to use it as a really small sledge, but otherwise i can not think of anyway to do this.

13. If going outside the UK take your passport

14. Ooo...get her!

15. A NATO travel order is only to be used in conjunction with your ID Card and a Military Purpose. It is not a holiday passport. A valid and that means in date as well, passport is required.

How do I know this? Because it's my job. If you came across my control my officers would not let you travel.

Get a passport through they system. That way it's free and means more money in your pocket to spend on Smarties.

AND tell your Sergeant that he or she is a FUD for giving out piss poor advice.