Can i transfer?

This is my first post so here goes... Currently a soldier in the TA, i have been mobilised through rtmc Chilwell and attached to a Logistics Regiment. Now i have been told i can transfer into the regular army, but only to the unit i am with.
Is this true?
I would like to go in to the Royal Engineers does anyone have any information or contact numbers for advice.
Thanks

cameron! said:
This is my first post so here goes... Currently a soldier in the TA, i have been mobilised through rtmc Chilwell and attached to a Logistics Regiment. Now i have been told i can transfer into the regular army, but only to the unit i am with.
Is this true?
I would like to go in to the Royal Engineers does anyone have any information or contact numbers for advice.
Thanks
It's going to sound very cliche and "thanks for nothing" mate, but go on the armymod website, go onto the contact us area, bang in your postcode and find the nearest AFCO in your area.

Engineer Recruiting Liaison Staff
Gibraltar Barracks,
Blackwater,
CAMBERLEY,
Surrey,
GU17 9LP ENGLAND

Email: careers@royalengineers.com

Telephone / Fax: 44 (0)1252 877887

Opinion based response providing you qualify to transfer to the regulars I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do so to within the corps, unless the person telling you otherwise is within your cap badge misrecruiting you so to speak or is not fully aware of the possibilities without jumping the gun :roll:

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry for what sound like a dumb question....but in a nuthsell im currently MPGS, ex-RAF and looking to transfer to the regular Army (Gib Regiment)....can I do a direct transfer? Would I have to do phase 1 & 2 training?
Unless you are from Gib you can't join the Gib Regt anyway.

Also are you inside the age limits to re-join?

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
I believe u can...they want experience from the British Army..I guess being local would be an advantage though. Yes, according to the website you can join as a regular soldier until 32...i'm 31...cheers
I was wrong - you can join as a non Gib. I would recommend typing Royal Gibraltar Regiment into the search bar and reading what others have put.

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Yep...done that...and to be honest some of it put me off slightly, but it's something I really want to do. I asked in my local AFCO and was pretty much fobbed off with the old 'try online'...sigh....
As has been said I don't believe that you can transfer from MPGS to a Regular unit. For a start selection is different and you won't have been assessed for Regular entry. How long have you been out of the RAF?

If you weren't RAF Regt then you will have to at least do Phase 2 at ITC and quite possibly Phase 1.

Be aware that their are no quarters on Gib so if you are a pad you need to find your own accommodation.