Can I transfer during training?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by territoriallybarmy, Mar 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi any thoughts or experiences in this would be great.

I joined the TA last year in a unit that has quite a distance from me, it has turned out over time that it is not working having a unit that far away, I am still undergoing the recruits training weekends and am starting to want to transfer to a unit closer to home.

Can people transfer at this stage and has anyone here done it before or know if someone who has?

Thanks a lot

2. Yes you can but it may delay your recruit training, your current unit may decide to not let you train during while your transfer is in progress (as your pay comes off their budget)

3. Cool thanks, feel bad about it but cant really get involved with my unit much only been to one drill night this year and it was midnight when I got home and that was leaving straight away at the end, have emailed my psao about it.

4. Call your PSAO. An email is hardly sincere.

5. msr

msr LE

TB,

This is a Chain of Command issue. Ask for an interview with the recruiting Sgt, explain the issues and they should transfer you over.

msr

6. Just speak to them, they may not be bothered about you being unable to attend Tuesday. I struggle myself with a 40/70 mile, at weekends its fine but on a Tuesday night after long day at work .....

7. Just as a matter of interest, why did you join a unit that must be 150 miles away from your home?

8. I was originally told that my unit was opening up near where I live but this does not appear to be the case now :(

9. I transferred from an Inf unit on my doorstep to a unit 100 miles away thinking it would be a big achievement if I got in. I did and it is slowly breaking me

10. Why do you tab there? :roll:

11. Polar,

from indirect experience this seems to be a theme at 38 Sigs which, although on paper may seem like a good idea, I would find hard to justify to a soldier.

We both know that sometimes, through no fault of an individual, transfers can take up to 12 months.

How then would you justify not allowing a soldier to train for this length of time and then, I assume, expect him to start turning up once it has been completed?

12. my unit has been great and said I can transfer but finish my phase 1 with them first :)