Can I take the p*ss out of my own God? Please?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by auscam, Jul 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In reply to a throwaway comment of mine in the 'We are not alone' thread, Markintime pointed out the absence of Carefully Nurtured Outrage about the abuse that Christ takes on this forum (and all the others).

It's got me wondering why. As an utterly disinterested High Church Anglican, would I be holed/ O2'ed/ MDN'ed if I were to start ripping the urine out of Judeo-Christian deities and their adherents? And if I were, would I be justified in calling it 'hate crime'? (as emotive and inflammatory a term as might be imagined, quite distinct from 'thought crime', presumably)

Plenty of Christians got the 'Arbeit Macht Frei' treatment (can I say that?), but you don't see pressure groups established on the strength of it. Isn't the suppression of freedom of speech a form of fascism? Extrapolating from that, I wonder how long this topic will last? Mods? I know you're waaaatchiiiing...
  2. Stone him, stone him good
  3. AUSCAM i completely understand where you are coming from.

It is because your lot drew the first test and you have finally realised that God comes from the UK (claimed asylum and granted from the middle east) and not your gaff. :D
  5. He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy!!
  6. I reckon auscams wife served him a nice bit of halibut for tea tonight
  7. A VILE SLANDER! You bigot! Help, I'm being oppressed! :D
  8. I've just returned from the morning stoning, and am awash with vigour.
  9. Blessed are the cheesemakers
  10. Yep, sure enuff, the mods have pulled one of stacker1's comments already. They're out there, they're coming for me, what's that noise at the door?
  11. Follow the Gourd!
  12. No the sandal !
  13. Splitters, all of you!
  14. The thing is, it was a geniune question.
  15. Christ loved all men. What a slut.