Can I Take My Boots With Me?

#1
Hi, im going to the Afc at Harrogate on September the 6th and i wondered if i could take my boots with me from cadets. They are easier to clean and polish and will also be a hand as an extra extra pair. Do you think i will be able to take them with me?
 
#2
my guess- no.
 
#3
My guess-yes.
 
#5
AFC is not a dyslexic version of the ACF.

The Army may be more broke than a Frenchman living next door to a brothel, but they can afford to issue you with a new pair of boots!

Give your old boots to your DC so he can give them to a cadet who might not be able to afford a serviceable pair. your boots are likely to be shit order anyway and a possible H&S problem.
 
#6
What shall i do? Take them or leave them, coz i was thinking, if my main pair get wet or something, then i can rely on them, plus there already broken in, new, and clean.
 
#7
bcfcjosh said:
What shall i do? Take them or leave them, coz i was thinking, if my main pair get wet or something, then i can rely on them, plus there already broken in, new, and clean.
What's your 1 and a 1/2 mile time?
 
#9
bcfcjosh said:
What shall i do? Take them or leave them, coz i was thinking, if my main pair get wet or something, then i can rely on them, plus there already broken in, new, and clean.
Shall i come and press you kit for you and make your bed , fcuk my old boots when i joined over 25 yrs ago , you got what you were given , now its, can i take my xbox, can i take my nintendo , i Pod , my Lowa,s , jesus you dont even get bloody kf shirts any more , my heart pumps purple piss
 
#10
Brassneck said:
bcfcjosh said:
What shall i do? Take them or leave them, coz i was thinking, if my main pair get wet or something, then i can rely on them, plus there already broken in, new, and clean.
Shall i come and press you kit for you and make your bed , fcuk my old boots when i joined over 25 yrs ago , you got what you were given , now its, can i take my xbox, can i take my nintendo , i Pod , my Lowa,s , jesus you dont even get bloody kf shirts any more , my heart pumps purple piss
Brassneck - Chill my friend, you'll get your duvet ruffled! :p
 
#11
CC_TA said:
Brassneck said:
bcfcjosh said:
What shall i do? Take them or leave them, coz i was thinking, if my main pair get wet or something, then i can rely on them, plus there already broken in, new, and clean.
Shall i come and press you kit for you and make your bed , fcuk my old boots when i joined over 25 yrs ago , you got what you were given , now its, can i take my xbox, can i take my nintendo , i Pod , my Lowa,s , jesus you dont even get bloody kf shirts any more , my heart pumps purple piss
Brassneck - Chill my friend, you'll get your duvet ruffled! :p
lets not beat about the bush , lets just get on with it , best of luck to the young man , but lets all be equal
 
#12
Brassneck said:
bcfcjosh said:
What shall i do? Take them or leave them, coz i was thinking, if my main pair get wet or something, then i can rely on them, plus there already broken in, new, and clean.
Shall i come and press you kit for you and make your bed , fcuk my old boots when i joined over 25 yrs ago , you got what you were given , now its, can i take my xbox, can i take my nintendo , i Pod , my Lowa,s , jesus you dont even get bloody kf shirts any more , my heart pumps purple piss
How did we ever survive? :D
 
#13
Take them and prepared to be called a total loser by fellow students and have the piss took out of you by your DS then spend the next 6 weeks wishing you had left them behind as they are exactly the same as the two pairs you got given by the QM's for free and it really wasnt worth the beating you recieved from big Cyril in the showers for being a bum lick....

Only joking.
 
#14
Dollsteeth said:
Take them and prepared to be called a total loser by fellow students and have the piss took out of you by your DS then spend the next 6 weeks wishing you had left them behind as they are exactly the same as the two pairs you got given by the QM's for free and it really wasnt worth the beating you recieved from big Cyril in the showers for being a bum lick....

Only joking.
He might like that kind of thing.
 
#15
Take the bare essentials and keep your head down a piece, than next semester think about it :)

Good luck btw, the AFC sounded excellent
 
#16
bcfcjosh said:
Hi, im going to the Afc at Harrogate on September the 6th and i wondered if i could take my boots with me from cadets. They are easier to clean and polish and will also be a hand as an extra extra pair. Do you think i will be able to take them with me?
You bunch of tw@ts 24 years I did and no one told me cadet boots were easier to clean than regular boots all that time wasted cleaning them when I could have been even drunker. :twisted:
 
#17
Dollsteeth said:
Take them and prepared to be called a total loser by fellow students and have the piss took out of you by your DS then spend the next 6 weeks wishing you had left them behind as they are exactly the same as the two pairs you got given by the QM's for free and it really wasnt worth the beating you recieved from big Cyril in the showers for being a bum lick....

Only joking.
Listen to this man op. Sounds like he is speaking from experience.
 
#19
:) fortunately not but certainly seen people make that innocent mistake of simply being keen and having it rammed back in their face as a sign of ass kissing, last thing you need in your first few weeks
 
#20
I took a spare pair to JLR's with me kept them out of sight in with my civi's and put them on when doing battle PT/assault and on exercise meant I had a decent set of best boots and some workers that didn't need to be bulled from scratch every night. Between that and instead of going to NAFFI at breaks I'd go and sort out my washing/ironing etc back in the block. More time for other things when everyone else is fighting for ironing boards etc :wink: .

Take them and keep them in a bag until you suss things out
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top