Can i still join as a junior?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Ashley_94, Jun 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can i still join as a junior if i have lost my provisional license due to getting points from motoring offences on my moped? i want to join infantry ??

2. Lots of jobs now including infantry you require to have a licence, it all depends how many points you got plus also if these offences will prohibit you due to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act...you need to go and speak with a Recruiter showing him all the convictions you got so they can assess it better.

3. Thanks for your reply, well I got 6 points from giving my mate a lift home on the back of my bike and I was done for driving without due care and driving other wise in accordance of license . And recently I brought a new bike and I got toed home lol I no it was abit stupid like but I coudnt het a van so police pulled me and siezed my new bike and said that I will be getting points for no insurance tax , mot EVEN though I wasn't riding it as the engine wernt on as needed work which I was going to do then put it through mot etcc ....

4. Max penalty points for a Junior Infantry is 12 points...majority of jobs you require a licence so if you lose the licence you probably wont be able to join...as said show all the proof to a Recruiter who can verify it all and give you a definate answer.

5. Ok thanks again, its a ban that stops you isn't it.
    I should be fine if get it revoked shoudnt I really.