Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Aircraft technician

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Instructor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gizzer

Swinger
I'm looking to join the REME, my plan is to go as an amourer then if possible, retrade as an aircraft technician, can I do this? I may also want to become an instructor for basic training, how can i do this? Also, can I have some advice on both trades? I don't want to waste my time in the army and I've always enjoyed the engineering side of it (not zappers).

Nice to see you don't want to waste your time in the army, not so nice to know you're prepared to waste loads of money in training costs, not to mention wasting the time of all the instructors that will teach you, nor the time of the Corps manpower planners who have to find a position for someone of the trade you initially trained in or the gap a unit has no-one in because you are no longer being posted there. Are you also going to apologise to the poor bloke who can no longer join the army in that training year because you've not only taken up your slot but now taken there's as well?

Nice to know you've thought things through sensibly.

ArtfulDodjar

War Hero
Nice to see you don't want to waste your time in the army, not so nice to know you're prepared to waste loads of money in training costs, not to mention wasting the time of all the instructors that will teach you, nor the time of the Corps manpower planners who have to find a position for someone of the trade you initially trained in or the gap a unit has no-one in because you are no longer being posted there. Are you also going to apologise to the poor bloke who can no longer join the army in that training year because you've not only taken up your slot but now taken there's as well?

Nice to know you've thought things through sensibly.
Shut up you utter clam.

You end up blagging and cuffing crap in the long run, the OP is merely getting a head start.

SPR McFadden

Swinger
You might want to consider going down the Combat Engineer route first bud that way you can spend 6 years putting 6 ft pickets in with your face when the squeaks find out what a plank has joined their ranks.

Firthy556

Old-Salt
I'm confused why you would be thinking of retrading before you have even joined.. Just pick one and stick to it, if you really dislike it down the line you may be able to transfer depending on manning etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S RLC 4
J RLC 4
DesktopCommando Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 2

Latest Threads