can i refuse a posting order

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by curtismayfield, Apr 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have recently been posted to catterick as a nurse and due to stat in july. now what i would like to know is is it possible to refuse a posting because clearly i idea of going to catterick causes me great discomfort

2. Cans and can'ts aside (and I would be hugely surprised if this was possible on such a weak excuse) just what do you think life would be like if everyone could refuse postings because they 'caused discomfort'?

This has got to class as one of the bonkest, most self-centred questions I've ever seen. :roll:

Pussy.

3. if you have a couple of good reasons (other than those such as: 'I hate Northerners', 'its grim up there' or 'Ive heard its shite') write a letter to MCM Div.
    If you do not have any viable reasons not to go or better reasons to go somewhere else, then unlucky, enjoy Catterick.

4. I know a guy who was able to refuse posting due to the medical requirements of his severly disabled son

He had a fight though

My advice is, have a bloody good excuse

5. Catterick is not that bad, I wonder if The Scorpian (Scabs) is still there? :lol:

6. A good excuse is paramount but please dont take this the wrong way but if you cant do as youre told, are you in the right job?

7. Christ on a crutch!! Are you one of these winging southeners who have never been north of the Watfor gap and are scared of open countryside? Catterick may not be too impressive, but you have the Pennines, North York Moors and Newcastle on your doorstep. It wouldn't be to bad if you had a valid reason for not wanting to go. I'll bet you are a tour dodger too!

8. I hope that you find these replies of some help, you whinging self centred split-arse!! All the best up North :wink:

9. The Scorpion is now an Aldi ( or is it a Lidl) and there are little Wimpey/Barratt boxes springing up everywhere.

I enjoyed my time there, despite being reticent to go ( but not to the point of thinking of refusal). Lots of great places to visit, walk, etc

Make the most of it - you get out what you put in and I look back with fondness.

10. The clue is in the title - posting order

Deal With It.

And as for:

Its been knocked down and replaced with a European superstore or somesuch.

11. Been there for two tours, sex is nearly as good as QEMH, In the wine bar to get pi44ed, into the kebab shop next door for supper/breakfast then into tampax towers for the law of average free board and lodging. follow a moose they always say yes and always say thank you afterwards. If you are a moose (and I do not indicate that you are) you should have a great time until your PVR kicks in.. ENJOY IT

12. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Is this thread a WAH?

If you are a Nurse going to Catterick presumably you are going to a field Army unit - you should be pleased at spending a couple of years not monging about in an MDHU.

Isn't that what you joined for?

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Must be a Wah Sknn, no-one can be that much of a cnut !

But it did get a decent few bites, eh ?

14. Oh woe is me, no more scabs. Life in the British Army has taken a rather nasty turn. Can any of you hard core muddyfunksters point out the best places for social confusion in Catterick nowadays?

15. MS_Rep

MS_Rep RIP

A serious answer 8)

The Military Secretary's Binding Principle:

"The needs of the Army must come first: those of officers, soldiers and their families come a close second. But to be worthy of its pre-eminence the Army must be seen always to give due consideration to the best interests and preference of each individual officer and soldier"

So, in a word, no you cannot refuse a posting :D