Can I re-enlist after 54 years of age

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Hoseman, Dec 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can I re-enlist after 54 years of age as my buddy is looking to go to Iraq and wants me to join him to watch his back. Private of course. I can cope with tax, shite gear and near death experience I have just done 20years with the fire service in L**DS. Whats hard about that. Lol

Seriously dont this lot remember 75 when they had the Chiefs looking to take over, dont these politicians ever learn............silly question. Yet NONE of them have military service.

It MUST be a prerequisite of becoming a parliamentarian that they serve for at least 18 months in the military. Write to your MP and say so.

Mike

2. Any reason why you've posted this twice or are you just a f*ckwit?

3. Biscuits = Good Shout
    Thesis you deduce is correct

4. didnt join to get abused chaps

5. http://www1.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki/www_uki.nsf/vw-dynamic-arrays/A434022706DA41D880256F1900491708?openDocument

How can I join The Salvation Army?

Salvation Army meetings (church services) are usually open to all. You don't have to be a Salvationist to attend; you'll be welcome to share in Christian worship.

Becoming a Salvation Army soldier however (member) involves a commitment to a relationship with God and to living a Salvationist lifestyle, so it's a serious matter.

The first requirement for anyone who wishes to become a soldier is that they are 'saved' - they have asked God to forgive their wrong attitudes and actions, they ask Jesus into their life and, with his help, determine now try to live a life that is pleasing to him.

Before anyone becomes a soldier they attend a series of informal 'classes' when, with a Salvationist whose responsibility it is to care for those wishing to become soldiers, they study Salvation Army beliefs and what a Salvationist lifestyle is like. These classes may be held for one person only or for a group of people, depending on such things as how many wish to become soldiers, convenience of times. Those who are attending such classes are known as 'recruits'.

Having completed these classes, if anyone doubts whether it is right for them to become a soldier they may prefer to delay it or decide against soldiership altogether. If the decision to be a soldier still stands, then recruits' names are presented to the corps pastoral care council for acceptance as soldiers. A public ceremony of swearing-in as a soldier is then held, usually during a regular Sunday meeting.

If people do not want to take on the commitment of soldiership, but still wish to make The Salvation Army their church, they may become adherents instead.

Helping with our work

Often there are openings for people to share in our work as volunteers. You don't have to be a Salvationist - or even a Christian - for this; but clearly you would need to be in sympathy with the aims and motivation of The Salvation Army. The opportunities for volunteers vary greatly from place to place. They can be helping at a hostel or residential home for the elderly, or at a local corps or community centre, or maybe in a charity shop.

Volunteers are also important in our Fundraising campaigns. So at present we'd advise you first to contact the divisional (regional) headquarters which covers your area. Ask to speak to the Director for Personnel. For fundraising opportunities, contact the Fundraising Department at our London headquarters.

There's no mention of age, so why not go for it!

6. This post is a duplicate please dont reply to it

7. Can't we just reply twice?

8. Why the fook would you want to join at fifty foockin four :? :?

Get your mate to watch his own back

9. Maybe they are "special friends" and he doesn't want anyone else to watch his mate's back - for example as he climbs, tanned and glistening from the shower, reaching for baby-oil?

10. thats just totally bizarre why you'd even think about that!!Was this over some pi55 up down the boozer? 'You're me bestest mate, I love yoo, bleuuurgghh! come watch my back on ops'. Sure it wasn't 'WASH my back'? :D
    Honestly, at your age what do think it'll be like rejoining (if you can which i doubt unless you've got a specific skill thats in much demand)? Getting told what to do by people at least half your age, all the rest of the bullsh1t that goes with it? Plus all the lads saying behind your back 'check that bloke out-rejoined at his age-WTF?!!' You know thats the way it'll be mate. fukc, I'm in my thirties and the thought of going back in horrifies me! believe me it is NOT the same army that you left all those years ago.
    Plus what will you be doing? You ain't going to be going out on the ground much I reckon-back to which regiment? if you & your mate are the same age, watch his back doing what?- walking to the cookhouse and back? Going to the APOD?

:? :? 8O