Can I PVR On Veng?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by roninxix, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just started Veng (taking me up to 24 years service). It's a move that I'm beginning to regret taking.

I've recently been selected for an interview working with plod. One of the questions they are bound to ask is how long have I got left or how quickly I can leave? Without alerting my RCMO, keep your friends close but enemies closer so to speak, can I still PVR. If so does it effect my pension etc etc.

If I'm successful with the job then I'll want to turn to the right on grow 3 inches. If not I'll possibly stay until something else comes up.

Any points, questions or queries please feel free.

2. Pretty sure your PVR rights are unaffected by your choice to take Veng, not sure how it affects your pension though...

3. As long as you joined before the 1 Jan 91 and your type of engagment didn't change on acceptance of VEng then you can still PVR otherwise you will have to give the years notice and hope for early release. Your engagement type can be checked on JPA

4. I may be speaking out of turn but, as far as I understand it, on changing to VEng you abandon your previous engagement ToS. So PVR is not an option.

However, on the upside, I had a brief this week which spelled out that early release is looked on very favourably in the current economic climate and that, if you put your ticket in, you can be out incredibly quickly (a few weeks was mentioned).

Caveat: The brief was, obviously, aimed at my CEQ and may not apply to the OP.

Tubs

5. Have finally found a job after searching like an idiot. My question this time is for any Combat HR ninjas out there. I have already completed my 22 years and am in my 1st year of Veng. I was told that if I terminated early I would fore go any resettlement entitlement such as allowances and leave. the sticking point is the company want me to start as soon as possible. I've been told that it's Ok to work on your termination leave so my question is am I still entitled to it even though I'm terminating early? Answers on a post card please.

6. Yes you are entitled - get your request for early termination on JPA factoring in your GRT and Terminal leave - but inform your CoC of what you are doing as it will be workfowed to someone to give it the OK (depends how things are set up in your unit but normally hits the CO's in tray before going to Glasgow).

PW

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You can PVR whenever you like, they may not let you go but shit happens, stand up and ask the question.

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Need to pop downstairs for a few minutes, then I will give you an answer. Trust me the Army is not the informed authority on this, to be fair they are the uninformed idiots on getting a job after being in the military.

I'm going to have a smoke, while I'm away explain your worries.......

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Trust me, you can do way better than the system tells you you can. Don't underestimate yourself.

10. RLC Roadshow the other week, We were told you can be out within 2 months if you have a job to go to.