Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i put my application on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I'm new on here was just wondering if anyone can give me any insight to this if possible. I have started my army application to join the royal engineers, I have had my triage phone call today and am to have my army brief tomorrow. In my portal it says in my army brief to detail any upcoming holidays in the next 3 months. Hear is my problem I have a holiday booked for the 6th of June 2021 and come home on the 17th of June. Now before anyone say (why would you book a holiday then look to join the army) i know the process can take a long time, up to 9 months or more even depending on back logs etc... Thats not the point the point is if I had to I would have to cancel the holiday but I won't if I dont have to as its my first and last family holiday with my wife and 2 kids one 4 and the other 3. I know I still got to get through my army brief, send my medical off to the doctors which can take a while ive seen posts on here some lads were waiting 2 months for there medical to come back because they were dragging there heels.

Beside that I know I got to book a eye test etc... and i know we got covid going on. depending on when there is a date for assesment to if I pass to when the next intake would be for phase 1 what are the chances of this taking me in to next year. Any ideas ladies and gents.

Also before anyone asks I don't want answers saying well you shouldn't off booked a holiday etc.. I just want a decent straight forward helpfull answers as I know this can take me in to next year I mean I could be waiting till February for my assessment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads