Can I join?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I am asking on here as I have failed to come up with any information about something that may happen to me that prevents me from joining the Army.

I have been diagnosed with Costochondritis, and I understand that I will most probably not be able to join if I have any pain that prevents me from doing the task in hand or needing to take medication, as stated on the JSP950.

However, it may be possible for me that have the sore cartilage/s surgically removed. I was wondering if this would prevent me from joining, I know the surgery itself would cause me to wait a few years before applying. However I am not sure if they would let me join if this has happened to me.

Any information on this will help massively,
Thank you.

If you've been told you'll probably not be able to join than why ask here?
Based on what I've learned from my years on here the level of smarts at least makes him/her a shoe in for the RAFR, though.

Last edited:
It is not in the JSP950, hence why I am asking on here.
I'd either ask this question again in the "Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment" forum under "All medical chat and queries in here. Please don't start a new one for every single medical question. " thread as you are more likely to get a response from actual medical professionals. (click the link)

OR

Ask your local career's office as they will be able to call the right people and check for you.

Best of luck.

Though causes are often unknown, in some instances, the condition can be the result of one or more of the following:

history of an illness that causes a lot of coughing
heavy lifting or strenuous exercise, involving the upper extremities and chest wall
carrying heavy bags, such as a heavy backpack on one side or the other
having large breasts
history of chest injuries or chest infections
undergoing surgery that affects the chest wall, such as cardiac bypass

Though causes are often unknown, in some instances, the condition can be the result of one or more of the following:

history of an illness that causes a lot of coughing
heavy lifting or strenuous exercise, involving the upper extremities and chest wall
carrying heavy bags, such as a heavy backpack on one side or the other
having large breasts
history of chest injuries or chest infections
undergoing surgery that affects the chest wall, such as cardiac bypass
Pretty sure having large breasts isn’t a cause for it wtf.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Moved to Recruitment so that @The_Duke can either move to the medical sticky or close.

You came here for advice and the advice was to speak to the careers office and the doctors: did you follow the advice?

I didn't know that. What's the odds that the OP has a seriously large set of hooters? :? A plastic surgeon might be able to whittle them down for you, but I don't know if that will help you to get into the Army.:?

Status
Not open for further replies.