Can I join without the qualifications?. Blue and Royals

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by CADET2805, Nov 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,
    I am sorry if this is an obvious question and after searching, this seems the best place to ask.
    I come from a long served military family from all regiments.
    I had an average upbringing and although I would not consider myself officers quality, please could you tell me what exactly I would require to join as a trooper.

I follow history well and know your previous regimental history, particularly Waterloo and how you have served the crown so well. The Blues and Royals hold a special place with me above and beyond the Life Guards. I also follow the Royal North British Dragoons, now amalgamated I believe, but the Scots Greys before and another cavalry regiment who has served the crown, again, so well.

I have some equestrain skills and I am fit. I am eager to learn but my worry is, if accepted, how long is training, what is required etc.

More so, will you teach me to drink large amounts of alchol before I parade?, how to have one of the most prestigious and honorable positions guarding the monarchy?, and how not to fall off that bloody horse.

YouTube - Sleepy Soldier at Horseguard's?

Thank you so much.

Horse shitter picker upper
  2. wah do one
  3. That was quick :)
  4. so was your mum
  5. I know its sunday morning but that was ROOOOOOOOOOBISH
  6. I smell a bored bootneck ;-)
  7. Bugger the monarchy.
  8. Ta mate, a sense of humour at last and taken as intended, best wishes my friend :)
    Kindest regards
  9. [I]"Who the hell are you? I'm all that's left of the enemy. Name and rank sailor! Well, it's army actually. Capt John Patrick Mason of Her Majesty's SAS, retired of course."

"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you write my SJAR now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you"

And I love taking quotes from recognised films, ie 'Damn you Sir, Damn you'. Lord Cardigan, sloping shoulders, charge of the Light Brigade. British Cavalry, Crimea.
  10. Perhaps there might be a job for you playing the big drums on the back of a donkey?
  11. Raped by a dink where you? Or was it a Lifeguard and someone from "The Darkside" saved you?